Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Like to know if there are any music shops besides HMV that sells J-Roc

To anyone here,

I am fan of Japanese Rock or J-Rock and I am looking for certain hard-to-find J-Rocks CDs, particularly with the group X-Japan. I went to HMV building along Orchard about 3 months ago and tried to find any CDs pertaining to that group but was unable to find any.

I also requested a cousin who is based in Tokyo to find for me those CDs. He went to Shibuya since he told me that there are a lot of music shops there. All he was able to get for me was a 'Best of X' double CD collection. What I was told by my cousin is that the group stuff are hard to find and can be quite pricey. I am looking for X Japan - Perfect Best Collection, Ballads Collection, Dahlia and Sadistic Desire.

I don't mind paying some premium for this stuff. I am also requesting a friend who is going to the USA to find those stuffs for me. If there is anyone who can help me find a music shop or anyone offering those titles, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for having the time to read my reply.

Soundsync

To anyone here,

I am fan of Japanese Rock or J-Rock and I am looking for certain hard-to-find J-Rocks CDs, particularly with the group X-Japan. I went to HMV building along Orchard about 3 months ago and tried to find any CDs pertaining to that group but was unable to find any.

I also requested a cousin who is based in Tokyo to find for me those CDs. He went to Shibuya since he told me that there are a lot of music shops there. All he was able to get for me was a 'Best of X' double CD collection. What I was told by my cousin is that the group stuff are hard to find and can be quite pricey. I am looking for X Japan - Perfect Best Collection, Ballads Collection, Dahlia and Sadistic Desire.

I don't mind paying some premium for this stuff. I am also requesting a friend who is going to the USA to find those stuffs for me. If there is anyone who can help me find a music shop or anyone offering those titles, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for having the time to read my reply.

Soundsync

You can CDjapan a try. I bought my X Japan stuff from there but don't know if they have stock anymore...

Grammaphone? at cathay? HMV at orchard is i think the biggest liao. Some of the shops i find very very friendly is sembawang at plaza. always go there :)

HMV at orchard is your best bet. Else would be CDJapan. I found those hard to find JRock CDs there years ago and only they stock them.

Another option is ask if HMV can order for you, I remember my friend ordering some CDs from them before but I reckon that will cost you

Ever tried ebay? some ebay shops selling pretty cheap for old cds in mint condition. I got some cs there for like only 10USD. Although the shipping hurts alot though. Its like 8usd for a cd and subsequent 20% off on shipping.