PPkiller

D1 opamp.. share ur findings...

Sorry ... never tried on a laptop connected to a lcd.

Just using a Laptop with its own screen for me is ok.

I did however encounter a problem while using the iBasso. My pc actually hang at some point but I found that the problem lies with the buffer for ASIO4ALL. Simply just increase the buffer size and everything will be fine. No more hanging after that.

Edited by WatCult

foobar 2k with steinberg asio multimedia driver... you should try steinberg asio multimedia driver as it sounds much better then asio4all.. look for any steinberg cubase software.. it is bundled in it..

first thing u will notice is that the sound actually "opens" up...

do make sure your wave output is set at max..

i'm useing the following settings in the asio multimedia driver for D1..

audio buffer - 8 buffer size - 1024

Can't wait for the adaptors. Decided to open up the D1.

hmm...

Inside they are using

L/R: AD823

Buffer: NE5532

DAC: LT6234

Gonna change my buffer to LME49720 since that is the only chip i have on DIP.

Probably L/R: ADA4841-2. Will keep the LT6234 as the DAC for the time being.

Might change the DAC: LTC6241HV & Buffer: LMH6643.

Still considering whether i should get the AD797 and OPA627 :)

just bought a new 12v 2 A power adaptor(with safety mark somemore) from sim lim tower for $22. $18 for adaptor, $2.50 for connector convertor and $1.50 for the ac cable.

no more noise problem on my lcd...

i think i'm hearing better sound.. or izzit placebo effect? hmm... dun sound like leh.. i'm hearing better treble now...

previously on stock power adaptor, the sound stage will widen, bass impact will be better but treble suffers quite badly(recess.. quite badly) when compared to running on battery.

now on new power adaptor.. treble sounds much better.. hmm.. everything sounds better... placebo? let me listen to it for a while more to decide...

Anyone tried the LMH6643 in the DAC? I found it to be brighter/more clarity as compared to the AD8656. Right now my config is LMH6643 -> ADA4841-2 -> buffers bypassed.

Is there still interest in a mini meetup of D1s? Would be a gd opportunity to listen and compare the different op-amps rolled.

mimi... beside brighter and clearer.. how is the mids and the bass? soundstage? :-)

the mini meet i tihnk should be feasible.. just that need a venue... any1?

IMO, the LMH6433 is more neutral while the AD8656 is more tube-like, warm and bassy. Soundstage with the LMH6643 was perhaps just a tad wider.

Received my adaptors ... gonna solder my opamp soon ... also order the AD797 and OPA627... Hehe.. small Christmas present for myself.