Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Anyone Mac user + head-fi guy here??

headphone.gif

i heard my friend ( a Mac user ) said the Mac internal audio circuitry is not bad. He is a volunteer sound "man" in his church. he is using Power Mac and Power Book + AKG K270. Do you think this is a nice combo for sound editing and casual listening??

After he told me a lot of Mac, i begin to wub.gif with Mac, now looking for 1, cheap 1, to begin my sound mixing, producing own album...hehe.... w00t.gif

It all depends on what Mac peripherals and software we are using with it.

I'm a Mac Classic collector and restorer myself, have used the Macs for professional audio editing and broadcasting.

Have you heard of the "Protools" by Digidesign used on almost all CD/audio mastering? Well they basically run on a Mac. You can download a LE version Mac/PC for free from their site.

But beware, you will need extra hardware and power to go realtime with more than 8 tracks. Can always find something on ebay - cards / softwares.

yes.gif

There's always the current generation G4 Powerbooks wink.gif

Mac OSX is pretty laugh.gif But I love windows.

Im using a macOSX theme tongue.gif

headphone.gif

i heard my friend ( a Mac user ) said the Mac internal audio circuitry is not bad. He is a volunteer sound "man" in his church. he is using Power Mac and Power Book + AKG K270. Do you think this is a nice combo for sound editing and casual listening??

After he told me a lot of Mac, i begin to wub.gif with Mac, now looking for 1, cheap 1, to begin my sound mixing, producing own album...hehe.... w00t.gif

Rameish is one of them. LOL..

Most Mac's that are built for audio engineers do come with pretty good sound processors.

I agree that the some of the Mac machines look good. I myself had wanted a custom dual G4 tower (old variant case) but had not been able to find anyone who could make one. LOL!

But in the event that you can find someone who could, help me inquire on the cost of the following:

Dual G4 1GHz, 1MB cache

1GB DDR-DRAM

ATTO UL3D RAID controller

2 * 18GB Quantum Atlas 10K IV

17" ACD