Sign in to follow this  
heady

Go-Vibe Petite+DAC headphone amp - pictures.

Pics of the amp+DAC which is fresh off the boat:

IPB Image

What's in the kit:

IPB Image

Size of the amp

IPB Image

Front panel

IPB Image

Front panel, switch on.

IPB Image

Back of amp, showing the 4 AAA batteries.

Am burning in the amp now, review will come later. The amp is from Jaben.

Edited by heady

Before Heady give his full review. Here is my experience with Go-Vibe Petite+DAC.

I have got this for coming to a week now and I have to say. This is properly the best device invested after listening to music for so long.

Before this HeadPhone amp, I was planning to buy a few thousand dollar

Pioneer Amp with CD player and so on. One day, I saw a headphone amp in my customer office and ask him what is that. He hook me up with Jaben.

I went down to Jaben a couple of times, spent hours there trying out everything I can. Wilson is so willing to let me test anything that I ask, from headphone to amp, even earbud. I must say Jaben is the place to go if you want to find good stuff without pressure.

After much testing around, I short listed this Small Go-Vibe Amp+DAC and MS1 Headphone Combination.

I play music from CD ISO, MP3 from my Laptop and iPods. Go-Vibe DAC+Amp with MS1, is properly better then the thousand of dollar that I am planning to invest.

What I like about this setup:-

- small and portable- for a headphone setup

- DAC - Although only 16 bit, the SQ is not anywhere less then 24 bit DAC

- Only need battery and USB to charge.

Just my 2 cents.

how much how much!!!

We don't post prices on line lah, no nice for the dealers. But just for you, I give a hint, it's between $250 and $300. :rolleyes: Call Jaben and look for Wilson, he is a very generous salesman.

Edited by heady

heady: Looking forward to your review.

Sorry for digging up this thread.

Ooops. I thought I did a review. Hmm, maybe it's on another forum. I can only do a mini-review as I am not a man of words, not loquacious enough.

In short, the DAC part of the Go-Vibe sounds much better than the AlienDAC although both uses the same DAC chip. Wilson said this is because there is a buffer implemented after the DAC output in the Go-Vibe Petite.

The amp part of the Go-Vibe is as good as the PINT but not as good as the Mini3. These conclusions were drawn from my listening test using these setups:

1. PC -> AlienDAC -> PINT -> Yuins PK1

2. PC -> Go-Vibe Petit -> Yuins PK1

3. PC -> AlienDAC -> Go-Vibe Petite -> Yuins PK1

4. PC -> AlienDAC -> Mini3 -> Yuins PK1

The last setup actually sounds very slightly better than the Go-Vibe Petite but I still value the Go-Vibe Petite as a very portable DAC/Amp combo. I especially like the 4 AAA batteries.

The quality of the Mini3 is encouraging me to find a better DAC than the AlienDAC for my desktop setup and it is in the works...... USB-Monica latest version. I need to find time to case it up since I bought it naked... :P

So this has both a DAC and an amp?

Have you tried the Littledot mk I? How does this compare to LD and iBasso?

I am comtemplating between the iBasso T2 or LD Mk I. Now this....hmmmm

The Go-Vibe Petite has both an amp and USB input DAC. I didn't have a chance to compare it with the iBasso or Little Dot I. Maybe next meet?