Sign in to follow this  
Yellobie

Where to audition XiangSheng 708b in Sg?

Had got a Alessandro MS-2 recently, and am looking for a tube amp to pair with it. Came across this XiangSheng 708b head amp, but all the info on these seems to die down last yr?

Very interested in this amp, and wish to audition it. You guys know is there any place for me to do that? Or are there any place locally where I can buy one? Thanks in advance!

Had got a Alessandro MS-2 recently, and am looking for a tube amp to pair with it. Came across this XiangSheng 708b head amp, but all the info on these seems to die down last yr?

Very interested in this amp, and wish to audition it. You guys know is there any place for me to do that? Or are there any place locally where I can buy one? Thanks in advance!

You cant get it locally i dun think anyone bring them in, i got my Ms2 with it very nice combo.. but then my XS708b is very heavily modded, only the pcb, trans, and a few power caps are stock the rest are all replace, even the power rectifier tube.

You cant get it locally i dun think anyone bring them in, i got my Ms2 with it very nice combo.. but then my XS708b is very heavily modded, only the pcb, trans, and a few power caps are stock the rest are all replace, even the power rectifier tube.

:shocking: Dun think I will mod that much like u do. Do you still have any memory of the sound of stock XS 708B paired with MS-2? :P

I think its quite good, fairly decent, i remember powercable change bring about a fairly decent amount og improvement. Subsequently tube change would also bring about substantial improvement. These are not considered mods though.

Some pictures of my XS8708B which does look not like its original form.

The original XS can be seen in my avatar

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by zer061zer0

I think its quite good, fairly decent, i remember powercable change bring about a fairly decent amount og improvement. Subsequently tube change would also bring about substantial improvement. These are not considered mods though.

Some pictures of my XS8708B which does look like its original form.

Cool! :thumbup:

Time for me to search around :P