david_sg

creative arvana lives

i have the arvana in ear, but the headphone sometimes got sound sometimes no sound, thinking to change other headphone. plz suggestion the prices around 200+-, for listen pop sound.

Guest dragonboy

If you're refering to IEm, u can consider Ultimate Ears SF3. I think around $150+. For headphones, you can try Grado SR-60 or alessandro MS-1. Both below $200. Only two places in S'pore allow u to try these. STEREO at Causeway Point next to Woodlands MRT or Jaben at Adelphi opp Funan.

i have it and it's a very fun pair of cans. i strongly suspect it's using Denon D1000 drivers as both sound remarkably similiar. very nice balanced sound on pop, rock & hip-hop. jazz & classical lovers pls look elsewhere. the only thing i dun like about it is that the shiny surface attracts fingerprints. other than that, there really isn't anything to fault. plug and play, virtually no burn-in required. it can also be driven well by PC soundcards and does not need serious amping. the isolation is also pretty good and can be suited for portable use as well. super comfortable and ultralight for most but those with really large ears might find the circumaural fit a bit tight. it comes with a microfiber bag which doubles up as a shiny surface cleaner. i think this is Creative best badged headphone product yet though i really doubt it's totally of their own creation. i would still rec the Denon D1000 over this but it's not available locally. so the Creative would be the next best bet. Highly recommended SQ!!

aside from the cosmetics, the Denon & Creative share some ergonomic similarities. specs-wise, both use 40mm diaphragms (denon calls it microfiber, creative calls it bio-cellulose), both are 32ohms impedance, both have 103db sensitivity, freq specs claimed are almost same (denon 8hz-37khz creative 10hz-30khz, weight very close (denon 180g w/o cable, creative 210 w/cable). my suspicion is that there might be some differences but after comparing both cans (Denon belonged to a friend), the sound is too close to call. smart marketing move by Creative to word certain features and specs differently, if Denon did indeed manufacture it for Creative. some will find the Creative more "chio" or better-looking because of the shiny finish.

IPB Image

IPB Image

hmm but i find it to be too bright for me but the detail is nice but bass lack of the punch compair to grados

overall i think it is overpriced and the sound is too foward and bright to lisent.

my ears will bleed when lisent to it for prolong period.

thax for reply, I bought MS2

but another question, after bought ms-2, should i bought amp, my source is panasonic J905, sony D-NE800, IRiver IFP-1090T/EU, and Acer ASPIRE 4520

Guest dragonboy

The MS2 will deifinitely perform better with an amp. Better control , less bright wider soundstage