huangyong

Denon??

headphone.gif

seems like the cdp is very good...

but i am not sure how good it is, can you write a short review or something, or give me some links to the review site...

i really need to know how good it is before i throw all my money in it... w00t.gif

Thanks for the info ruach. Since most people here won't venture into the expensive and uncertain realm of tpt/dac Denon players still offers good value as they are pretty much an all rounder.

headphone.gif

seems like the cdp is very good...

but i am not sure how good it is, can you write a short review or something, or give me some links to the review site...

i really need to know how good it is before i throw all my money in it... w00t.gif

If U were to base your decisions on reviews whether amateur or professional, U're already in a half descent to the pit hole. Although one can get an idea of how the gear would sound but it means nothing to U if U're not sure of the writer's music/sound preference, partnering equipment/accessories and possibly business interest.

The best way is still to listen for yourself. Bring along some of your cds and playback the tracks U're most familiar with during audition. If U can't analyse the different aspects of sound, base your decision on how much enjoyment U are getting out of the cdp. After which, inspect the mechanical operation and the aesthetics. The latter does play a part even if the gear sounds good.

Edited by Mackie

Agree with Mackie....should always play the music you like on the system first, and listen to the music. If you resonate and feel the music deeply, esp wih tears in your eyes, you know this is the right system for the music. wink.gif

So huangyong, have you decided on your S-10 ? wink.gif

That S-10 will be MINE biggrin.gif

only after the audition of course, and provided noone has set their eyes on it

Had a Denon S10MkII before and build quality is solid! Well damped disc tray and the MkII version allows experimenting with power cords thru it IEC socket. The player has a nicely detailed yet warm sound.

Although the variable output sockets allows hooking up to a heapamp for remote control of volume, I find the loss in sound quality hard to accept.

In comparison with my current Sony player, I have to say that in my system, the Sony's tighter bass and leaner sound works better for me.

I would recommend the S10MkII if you can buy one used. Should not give you any problems as I had a older Denon player that is still kicking.