Sign in to follow this  
petrina_678

total newbie! help me pick headphones!

Hi im a total newbie to headphones here, in fact i've never even owned a pair of headphones!!!

All these years i've been using the earphones that come stock with cd players, mp3 players... ect

So recently i got myself an ipod and a macbook ( i love apple!) and now would like to get headphones to use with them. well the headphones will be mostly used with the ipod anyway..

Budget: around 100 and MAX around 200... however if there are cheap headphones with good quality i also dont mind.

I would prefer them to be comfortable as i sometimes use them for up to 8 hours ( rarely... but it does happen)

I also dont want them to have too much bass or added bass.

Music i listen to: rock,metal, and things like that

im open to suggestions! oh and i plan to buy them this weekend, where would u suggest i can go to get a wide variety, and perhaps try them out.

edit: how is the ath fc7 and sj5 i saw them the other day ..

THANK You

Edited by petrina_678

Guest dragonboy

Depends on where u stay..... Stereo at causeway point have a wide variety of headphones for demo... AKG / audio technica / koss / grado & more..... look for aron or cyrus, they should be able to help u.

You could also visit Hung bros at Sim Lim Square or Jaben at adelphi. Most headphone dealers would be more than eager to help should you need them.

Guest dragonboy

I'ii suggest u to try the akg k26, not exactly the cool looking ones but still closed cans and good bass. SE have them at abt $70+. Personally I would prefer the koss Portapro if your budget is below $100. Extremely light and foldable with the correct balance of sound in them. :cans:

Of course you should give them a try. ..... I just tried them last week at SE :grin:

Guest dragonboy

igrado is definitely a good headphones & matches well with the ipod....... that is provided you're not bothered that it is a neckband. :cans

i dont like neckbands! and the portapros look ugly (sorry but they really do in my opinion) im a girl...so i want them to look decent at least.

anyways im going to sim lim soon, and should return with headphones. i'll update u with what i got.