Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Diff between the LOD for iphone & classic

Guest dragonboy

I tried connecting my Ultimate link silver ref-i to a iphone but it just doesn't work. Any idea why? The LOD cable works perfectly fine on my Classic. The LOD looks exactly the same.

This is because for iPhone/iTouch implemented some sort of connector detection. Pins 11 and 15 need to be shorted for iPhone/iTouch to be able to detect the presence of the cable. You need a cable that has this feature.

It sounds like a battery saving feature to me, though i am not sure.

This is because for iPhone/iTouch implemented some sort of connector detection. Pins 11 and 15 need to be shorted for iPhone/iTouch to be able to detect the presence of the cable. You need a cable that has this feature.

It sounds like a battery saving feature to me, though i am not sure.

er..correct me if i am wrong, but just soldering both pins 11 and 15 together would work, will it not? tats wat i did and it works for both ipod and iphone, only that iphone goes into areoplane mode..so u can't receive calls when u are using a LOD with amp..

Edited by kookie

Yup, i meant soldering the 2 pins together when i said shorting them. The thing is it should be done when assembling the dock connector. Its very difficult to try to do it after you glued the dock connectors (depending on the type of glue you use, i used epoxy, so its impossible for me to open up my dock connectors without destroying them).

I think you can choose not to go into airplane mode, it will still work. I tested it out on my friend's iphone and i did not enter airplane mode. The music played just fine.