keefe

HELP NEEDED WITH shure E4g

massive load of help required.

i'm an owned of a shure E4g, in which just yesterday, the right side of my ear phones fail to function. so irritating.

i'm afriad i cant find my warrenty.

so, do u guys hav any recomendations on places to repair my dear ear phones?

a million thanks to any1 who can help me out :cry:

What's wrong with the E4g? If it's the 3.5mm connector side, then replacing that shouldn't be too difficult.

Otherwise, you may want to consider contacting Shure USA about your problem, they do have very good service so maybe you can get a free replacement? No harm trying.

thanks for helping.

is there any method of checking if the 3.5mm connector side is the faulty one?

and if so, any recomendations on places to repair?

hmm, and for shure USA, just go to their main home page and search under services?

Guest dragonboy

3.5mm can be replaced at Sim lim tower 2nd flr LHS, stereo@causeway point or jaben@adelphi. But, better check the price before any replacement is done.

thanks for helping.

is there any method of checking if the 3.5mm connector side is the faulty one?

and if so, any recomendations on places to repair?

hmm, and for shure USA, just go to their main home page and search under services?

If you have a voltmeter, put it into measuring of resistance and measure tip to sleeve which is the left side and then ring to sleeve, which is the right side. Compare the two readings, they should be the same, plus and minus a few ohms.

This test only the connections from the 3.5mm connector to the drivers. If the phones fail this test then it has a major problem and may not be economically repairable unless the manufacturer will warranty it

If you have a voltmeter, put it into measuring of resistance and measure tip to sleeve which is the left side and then ring to sleeve, which is the right side. Compare the two readings, they should be the same, plus and minus a few ohms.

This test only the connections from the 3.5mm connector to the drivers. If the phones fail this test then it has a major problem and may not be economically repairable unless the manufacturer will warranty it

hey.. for the shure E4g, how am i suppose to connect the pointer of the voltmeter to the left/right side?

the earphones are sealed in plastic.

also, if both readings are similar then the problem should lie with the 3.5mm connector rite?

hey.. for the shure E4g, how am i suppose to connect the pointer of the voltmeter to the left/right side?

the earphones are sealed in plastic.

What heady meant is to use the voltmeter on the 3.5mm connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

To check, connect one end of the voltmeter on the sleeve, and the other end to either the ring or tip (right or left).

If either ring or tip does not show any resistance, then something is wrong.

Edited by radioactive28

What heady meant is to use the voltmeter on the 3.5mm connector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

To check, connect one end of the voltmeter on the sleeve, and the other end to either the ring or tip (right or left).

If either ring or tip does not show any resistance, then something is wrong.

You are right radioactive28. And I wasn't clear about what could been wrong. If both readings are not non-zero and almost the same, it just means the problem is in the wiring, whether in the cable or in the driver. And therefore confirmation that you need to get the manufacturer to look at it.

Edited by heady