Sign in to follow this  
Northern Oak

iBasso D2 Modifications .... anyone?

No one ..........????

Ok, I start the ball rolling then. Here's what I have done.

IPB Image

Changed the silmic caps to Blackgates and Cerafine, I prefer the sound of Cerafine as it is brings in a sense of liveliness. Silmic to me has always been slightly warm sounding.

Changed the .1uF decoupling cap across the supply pin to 1uF BG non-polar and MKP 1837 .1uF polypropylene cap. Found this to be the best compromise.

Last but not least changing the default NE5532 (think this is used as buffer) to LM4562/LME49720. I had thought that the low output current for the LM4562/LME49720 might have some problems for me but it didn't, maybe becos I was using it to drive my UM2.

One thing to note. With this configuration, I find that LM4562/LME49720 does not response well to .1uF decoupling cap across the supply pins. Sounded too aggressive.

Please feel free to share your findings.

Have you tried the static mod?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/ibasso-d2-static-mod-307333

And for list of recommended ompamp for Ibasso D2 viper you head to this thread here.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/opamps-vi...23/index10.html

I have only changed the opamp to LMH6622/THS4032. (Sound similar to iqube)

Have not tried the predator alike opamp. (LTC6241HV/LMH6655)

Does your Viper use the allen screws? I think the most I'll do is change opamps, changing caps is bit beyond me.

Was informed that the Predator-like combo has got a short battery life, only 7hrs. Hows the iQube one?

OT:Hmmmm...buy the Viper now...or wait for the Heron....

Edited by evilmerlin

Does your Viper use the allen screws? I think the most I'll do is change opamps, changing caps is bit beyond me.

Was informed that the Predator-like combo has got a short battery life, only 7hrs. Hows the iQube one?

OT:Hmmmm...buy the Viper now...or wait for the Heron....

Allen screw? I use the T6 screw to open up the housing.

Correct only 7hours for the predator alike setup.

For the iqube setup should be more than 12hours. ( I'm too scare to test out in case my battery run out while going back home.)

You might want to try out both amp at Stereo but they only have stocked set of both. (Need to ask them if they allow opamp-rolling on their demo set)

I did some quick calculations and figured that the twin batteries of the Viper actually provided more power than 6 AAA batteries so I picked up the Viper.

Currently burning it in with ISL55002/THS4032.

I did some quick calculations and figured that the twin batteries of the Viper actually provided more power than 6 AAA batteries so I picked up the Viper.

Currently burning it in with ISL55002/THS4032.

You're here as well.. just saw you on ClubSnap haahaa