unknownxrecon

amp upgrade

hey all, i'm new here to this forum,

just want to ask around,

what will be a good amp to get for the price range of $200 - $300? currently using go-vibe.

any help will be appreciated. thanks a lot! :)

the rsa tomahawk would b a gd upgrade. u should b able 2 get a second hand one 4 bout 300. the toma has great sound n batt life 4 an amp dat size.

if memory serves, tomahawk are for IEMs

sorry that i forgot to state i use headphones(ATH-ES7). i may be planning to change back to IEMs in the future.

just to check again, amps for IEMs can also be used for headphones, can they?

ok, that sounds good. can consider getting something new.

anyway, i want to know what will be better to get first. i am seriously confused what to get before i get the other

i am planning to get an ultimate link silver reference-i and a westone UM1. i wonder what to get first.

if you're in my situation, what will be better?

Guest dragonboy

I'll suggest the earphones first but I can only tell you the ultimate link silver master is more than fantastic. Don't even try it..... you'll end up buying it. :rclxms:

I'll suggest the earphones first but I can only tell you the ultimate link silver master is more than fantastic. Don't even try it..... you'll end up buying it. :rclxms:

I got myself a SM-i too. If you are a sucker for clarity and details, i can assure you this is awesome.

Guest dragonboy

thought stereo said they don't bother with the silver ref already.. not in production any longer

Diff in price btwn the silver ref and silver master is only abt like $30-$40..... SQ, detail, separation, soundstaging you get everything you pay for. That must be why they stop the silver ref.

Edited by dragonboy

for real?! :shocking:

the master is more better than the reference?

i was wondering why i dropped a mail to stereo and they replied their master is only left with 2 more pieces.

i think i got to really try the both of them to hear the difference!

:lol:

How about invest in a home setup?

Home setup and portable are totally different breed.

With the money spent on high end IEM, you will be much better off getting a grado for home use.

But then, it's the portability we are talking abt here. :innocent:

Guest dragonboy

How about invest in a home setup?

Portability is an issue. :cans: