chaotarroo

Headphones reccomendation ...

???

You really buy that Beyer marketing literature?

Well, have you live with DT880 before?

I used to have a pair and now uses DT150 which is closed. I can tell you the DT880 sounds like an open cans with their sound quality but their isolation is almost as good as closed phones.

I really like the DT880 and sold them only because my ears sweat very profusely and stains the earpads extremely fast. I would become poor fast changing the pads monthly.

I have not lived with DT880, but I compared DT880, DT990 (supposed to be "open") and DT150 at jaben. IMO DT880 is closer to DT990 than to DT150 in terms isolation. Of course, these are subjective and I don't have a sound meter to measure them.

Yeah my ears sweat too with circumaural headphones.

yep i think dt880s are as good (or as bad) as "open cans" when it comes to isolation. regardless of their architecture, to me they sound very "open", very airy and wide soundstage.

comfort wise i loved them... didnt have any sweating problems with them, the pads were SUPER comfortable and soft. more comfortable than hd600/hd650 to me.

not that the hd600s are really uncomfortable but the dt880s were really extremely comfortable. I wish all headphones fitted like them.

Edited by windrider

I used to have a pair and now uses DT150 which is closed. I can tell you the DT880 sounds like an open cans with their sound quality but their isolation is almost as good as closed phones.

precisely the same results i experienced.

yeah it does get hot after a while, the only circumaurals i have that dun really heat up is the K701.

May I know how much does AKG K 701 cost?

And how strong and punchy is the bass of K701?

dunno the current price but definitely over your stated budget.

bass goes deep if not punchy ONLY WITH THE RIGHT AMP. k701 is a well-known bitc-h to amp. it's very much suited for jazz & classical, so if those genres are up your alley, then it really shines on these.

Edited by sghound

dunno the current price but definitely over your stated budget.

bass goes deep if not punchy ONLY WITH THE RIGHT AMP. k701 is a well-known bitc-h to amp. it's very much suited for jazz & classical, so if those genres are up your alley, then it really shines on these.

Will RSA hornet go well with the k701?

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=7521&hl=k701

if ure willing to wait for a 2nd hand set to appear might be affordable at around 300-400+

buying 2nd hand from head-fi.org classified forums is also an option, though you have to factor in international shipping costs as well.

I dont think the hornet will have enough juice to drive the k701 to their best though.

Will RSA hornet go well with the k701?

no. u need proper desktop amps like Rudistor, Yammamoto, Higher Fidelity...etc

Edited by sghound

Btw K701 is somewhere in the middle of $500 and $600. :P

Most of those models you mentioned are available for audition,I suggest you go and try them out and that would beat all our advices here. :)