Sign in to follow this  
heady

HPDAC

Have kept this pcb for almost 2 years, due to some chips were difficult to get for a long time. These were the power supply chips which converted the USB power to a much higher voltage and then regulate the power.

So here you are, not cased yet. A HPDAC, PCM2707 (USB receiver/DAC) which outputs to a TDA1543 (non over-sampling DAC) for the actual Digital to Analog Conversion. The analog signal is then passed to the headamp section which is based on the PINT.

If interested, you can read the details here. Unfortunately, the pcb is not sold any longer.

The volume pot is off the pcb because it is not the specified pot and the pin-outs do not match. I can't find Panasonic pots here in SG.

DSCN0122_2.jpg

Edited by heady

How does it sound compared to Alien DAC? Bet the new DAC tat AMB is coming up with got you back into building this right? heh heh!

Ha ha mouz. Quite right. Want to clear my projects and so can get ready for the coming Amb DAC.

I haven't AB'ed the HPDAC with the AlienDAC yet but after burning in abt 50 hours, it does sound much better than my memory of the AlienDAC, quite close in fact to the Monica, which uses the TDA1545 DAC chip.

What I like about this is that it gets its power from the USB. I hate batteries, esp 9V ones. :)

Edited by heady

Yah, same here abt clearing projects, really quite a chore just procuring the items on the BOM. I'm looking out for AMB's new DAC too, too bad about his fall though. Hope he gets well soon...