Azurath

Recommendation for open cans.

Sorry, new to the world of audio here. Actually, I was thinking if i should increase my budget and get either the HD650s or the Grado SR325. But what are the differences between the two? As for amp, I'm not too sure what works best with which cans.

Edited by Azurath

Sorry, new to the world of audio here. Actually, I was thinking if i should increase my budget and get either the HD650s or the Grado SR325. But what are the differences between the two? As for amp, I'm not too sure what works best with which cans.

how much do u wanna increase budget? inclusive of amp?

if you are going to get an amp as well, go for HD650. else maybe SR325 or top up a bit RS-2.

Somemore questions. Do you guys have any recommendations for decent sources below $250? What's the main difference between the AD900 and the AD700? Do they require amps?

Edited by Azurath

Somemore questions. Do you guys have any recommendations for decent sources below $250? What's the main difference between the AD900 and the AD700? Do they require amps?

a good decent source is the Pioneer DV300 dvdp. dun look down on this baby just coz it's a dvdp, hi-end priced Goldmund makes use of the Pioneer dvdp circuitry for their dedicated 2-ch sources. can be found for below $100. the stock unit is already very good and modding it will bring the player to another level.

the 900 has better cabling which makes it sound more airy than the 700 plus it comes with more comfortable velvet pads. the 900 is also lighter and places less stress on the head. both cans are easily driven by even portable sources and can be improved further by using a headamp.

Edited by sghound

a good decent source is the Pioneer DV300 dvdp. dun look down on this baby just coz it's a dvdp, hi-end priced Goldmund makes use of the Pioneer dvdp circuitry for their dedicated 2-ch sources. can be found for below $100. the stock unit is already very good and modding it will bring the player to another level.

the 900 has better cabling which makes it sound more airy than the 700 plus it comes with more comfortable velvet pads. the 900 is also lighter and places less stress on the head. both cans are easily driven by even portable sources and can be improved further by using a headamp.

Oh. Thanks for all the info. Where may I purchase the DV300 in Singapore?

Just to confirm, is the player this one? http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront/Produ...6&CatId=64,7,11

Edited by Azurath

What kind of instrumental music are you referring to?

Symphony? Chamber? New Age?

HD650 is a fine choice if you add/upgrade an amp (sooner or later u will be tempted to do so)

What kind of instrumental music are you referring to?

Symphony? Chamber? New Age?

HD650 is a fine choice if you add/upgrade an amp (sooner or later u will be tempted to do so)

waay beyond his budget.