zhang_junyang

Grado RS1 with GS1000 pads

I tried before, the bagel pads added comfort, but the bass of RS1 became loosen, everything sounded distant and laidback and no more intimacy and excitement. I won't recommend this combination for RS1.

If you're looking to add comfort, have you stretched the RS1's headband? This way it helps a bit but not ultimate solution. YMMV.

Thanks for the reply. I have no problems with the comfort of the RS1. I just bought the bagel pads yesterday to replace the bowl pads on my RS1 which is disintegrating as the bowl pads are out of stock. However I find that the midrange seems to have become a bit hollow and I can no longer feel the intimacy with the vocals, rock and pop music that I always listen to. The only good things that I found are the additional comfort and soundstage that the larger pads add but the magic of the RS1 seems to have been compromised in the process.

Thanks for the answer as I was looking to confirm what I have heard. Guess I have to get the bowl pads somehow.

I did that swap with my GS1K ealier and I didn't like the outcome.

Hi, has anybody tried this combination before? I would like to know your opinions. Thanks.

That is exactly what I experienced too.

I tried before, the bagel pads added comfort, but the bass of RS1 became loosen, everything sounded distant and laidback and no more intimacy and excitement. I won't recommend this combination for RS1.

If you're looking to add comfort, have you stretched the RS1's headband? This way it helps a bit but not ultimate solution. YMMV.

Good to know that you hear the reality ..

Thanks for the reply. I have no problems with the comfort of the RS1. I just bought the bagel pads yesterday to replace the bowl pads on my RS1 which is disintegrating as the bowl pads are out of stock. However I find that the midrange seems to have become a bit hollow and I can no longer feel the intimacy with the vocals, rock and pop music that I always listen to. The only good things that I found are the additional comfort and soundstage that the larger pads add but the magic of the RS1 seems to have been compromised in the process.

Thanks for the answer as I was looking to confirm what I have heard. Guess I have to get the bowl pads somehow.