Sign in to follow this  
HerbalTurtle

Portable amp and fullsize hp recommendation needed~

Currently got an ESW9 using with my Ipod Video 5.5gen 80G, mainly to use on the go, but still planning to get an amp as well as another headphone for dorm and library use. Thinking going for a fullsize and closed can for comfort in long time listening as well as good isolation coz in room and lib~~ -_-

Aiming on several full-size closed headphones, AKG K272HD, DT770/80ohm and ATH A900 these three models. I think these three are also in a similar price range, am I right?? :blink:

For this hp I would mainly listen to classical (more for instrumental solo and a little bit for symphony) and folk music with clear acoustic guitars, New-Age, vocals(other genres music like Pop Rock also listen but with ESW9 on the go), and this can would also be needed for watching movies sometimes.

Isolation and comfort is important reason that I want to get another hp, maybe use during flight to avoid the annoying noise also~ :innocent:

Not planning to get a desktop amp coz no room for it and also need to be use on the go with ESW9~

SO, please fellas anyone can recommend me a portable amp and a hp with my previous description? the budget should be S$1000 together the amp and the fon, can be a little more but not too much~

Thank you very much~~

ALSO I have a newbie question regarding the DAC in a portable Amp. Wonder how would a portable amp with a DAC works when connected with my laptop? How is a output carried out when I just play APE files using foobar on my laptop and send the signals to the DAC? Izt after I send the signal to the DAC I can just plug my headphone to the portable amp directly and listen to the music? This would somehow be important coz dun want to purchase other equipments any more and when watching movie I can just use the portable amp with DAC and my headphone together~

Hope fellas help me clarify this point coz not much knowledge on this~

Sorry for this stupid question and thanks a lot for reading such long long boring paragraphs of mine~ :D

THANK YOU for helping out~