Delirious

Help with Custom IEM avail in the market

Hm Heady I share the same view as you. For me its partly because I love my ER-4's too much already. It was my very 1st IEM, and until now I'm still loving it. Nothing has made me remove them so far.

IMO, actually custom sleeves are very affordable. Lets put it this way, the cheapest full custom IEM (i.e. livewires) is around $480 (Jaben retail price IIRC, though they have specials for it). This is about the same price if I made custom sleeves for my ER-4 ($250 for sleeves and around $300 for ER-4), and at the min I know that I'll be getting the sound of my favourite IEMs.

So for me its definitely the sleeves route. Not to mention that the ER-4 sleeves would fit onto a few other IEMs (saw someone using it with another one before, forgot what was it though). Moreover, should the sleeves or drivers breakdown, it is much simpler task to get either of them fixed.

of course if you totally love a particular IEM that has no upgrade to a custom (does ety have customs) or in fact have not settled on a particular IEM that you love, then sure sleeves work.

for me.. i wasn't too particular about sound.. i read reviews and the majority described what i would've been ok with so i just took the plunge. nothing risked nothing gained.. fortunately i couldn't be happier. It does help that I don't go aounrd testing every single thing.. so i learn to be content. =)

of course if you totally love a particular IEM that has no upgrade to a custom (does ety have customs) or in fact have not settled on a particular IEM that you love, then sure sleeves work.

Nope the Etys do not have customs. But I'll say that if you haven't settle on a particular sound you're sure you like, you had better not get sleeves 1st because although the sleeve will fit others (e.g. etys sleeves will fit the hf-2 and similar series, UE sleeves will fit the Senn IE 6-8), the sleeves will only fit very few other models, so as far as practicality is concerned its not wise to hope that should you find a more loved IEM your sleeve would fit that.

for me.. i wasn't too particular about sound.. i read reviews and the majority described what i would've been ok with so i just took the plunge. nothing risked nothing gained.. fortunately i couldn't be happier. It does help that I don't go aounrd testing every single thing.. so i learn to be content. =)

Wow you plunged 1.8k just like that? You're v lucky it suits you perfectly man...

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Hi anyone knows if either jaben or stereo carries the kind of tips which actually enclose a part of your iem so that it would not stick out of the ears too much?

Something like this:

IPB Image

Btw i am using a superfi 5 eb.