Sign in to follow this  
hellfire112

HD600 vs HD650 vs HFI 780 vs ED9 vs MDR-CD900ST vs Proline750 shootout

Let me get this straight - the amp is a secret and so are whatever mods and the somewhat classified cable- so this must be a secret review then :-) Hmm... may be I should create a special secret sub-forum. And of course there's no way to verify because it all too secret.

Guys, this is a headphone forum - ie a place to SHARE your views, mods, experiences etc. Maybe I'm just too old. I don't know - but it kind of defeats the purpose of writing about it if it's all too ahem secret.

Self Edit ;-)

Aron (of Stereo Electronics) has sent me a PM to clarify. The amplifier in question is under development and may be marketed as a commercial amp in the future. The cable is a DIY cable but it's being sold to a few people so it's a commercial product as well. My guess the mods to the headphones are as well.

K702 for you :)

Expensive sia... The cost above the K701 just for the detachable cables just aren't worth it.

Tried the crystal cable on my HD600 and HD650 but didn't like it myself. It gives the Senn a very smooth midrange but lacks control in complicated passages, can sound boring after a while. Although they sound good as interconnects in my home setup.

You're comparing the crystal cable with what? You mean the stock cables? Hm that's curious, I particularly liked the cable cause of the detail...

Well ears are subjective I suppose :yes: