1pin

Creative Aurvana Price Cut. good earphone? nid help

hi all i'm new here and need serious help from you guys. i been browsing through various types of earphone from shure to ultimate ears. can any one tell me is this aurvana inear earphone good?

what i'm looking for is good bass good sound quality at a low price (max. $150) the aurvana price drop from 169 to 129 so i though y not give it a try. ^_^

Guest dragonboy

hi all i'm new here and need serious help from you guys. i been browsing through various types of earphone from shure to ultimate ears. can any one tell me is this aurvana inear earphone good?

what i'm looking for is good bass good sound quality at a low price (max. $150) the aurvana price drop from 169 to 129 so i though y not give it a try. ^_^

For bass, you can consider the audio-technica CK7 or the shure SE102.

IPB Image

Yeah.... palestofwhite is right, stereo staffs would be glad to help you. They never cease to stop poisoning me all these years. :cry:

You should try the Westone UM1. Head down to Stereo Electronics for some auditioning when you have some time to spare. I'm sure their friendly staff will give you the appropriate advice.

Yeah you should. They have this big box of IEMs which they would gladly let you try. Don't need paiseh.

Frankly I wouldn't go with creative. At that price range there are other good stuff.

On the other hand, there's someone selling the ER-4 cheap on Jaben forums. Just a bit more from your budget. But you'll definitely need an amp.

ER-4 FTW! :yes:

Yeah you should. They have this big box of IEMs which they would gladly let you try. Don't need paiseh.

Frankly I wouldn't go with creative. At that price range there are other good stuff.

On the other hand, there's someone selling the ER-4 cheap on Jaben forums. Just a bit more from your budget. But you'll definitely need an amp.

1) alright i will go down soon! before that do you guys know how much will a UM1 cost there?

2) for shure 102, i think its their most lousy earphone out of all the se models right. so what is the quality of the other shure se 110? i saw at ban leong tech they selling for 179.

3) actually i will prefer 1 with a better bass also. so is superfi3 a good choice? and will it fall below the $170 price range

i up my budget to 170max..

pls give your advice. thanks ^_^^_^

Edited by 1pin

The UM1 should be well within your budget, ard 150 at Stereo.

Superfi 3 should be cheaper, but i prefer the comfort of the UM1.

No comments on Shure products, i have only heard the SE530 and their previous generation E4C before.

Guest dragonboy

ER4 is a good earphone.... but for someone looking for bass.... you're gonna be disappointed.

Edited by dragonboy

Hi,

I recommended the UM1s cause you wanted something with bass. But I myself love Etymotics and went from ER6i to ER4P/S.

The good thing about Stereo Electronics is that they allow you to try their stuffs at your own pace and privacy. You won't feel obligated to buy if you don't like a certain product. But trust me you will walk away with something...

Like my ESW10...

Hi,

I recommended the UM1s cause you wanted something with bass. But I myself love Etymotics and went from ER6i to ER4P/S.

The good thing about Stereo Electronics is that they allow you to try their stuffs at your own pace and privacy. You won't feel obligated to buy if you don't like a certain product. But trust me you will walk away with something...

Like my ESW10...

yep finally i got the um1. the quality is better but not that huge compare to my existing one. i will give 5 star for its comfort and noise isolation. bass wise, i'm satisfied. ^_^

IPB Image

i tried the shure 110 there but i guess not the type for me. the other one superfi3.pro cant fit into my ear!!! :cry:

Qn: btw any of you have problem with over the ear earphone. my cord keep slipping off the back of my small ear whenever i twist my head. i'm sure i worn it correctly though.

Edited by 1pin

It takes some time getting used to. New wires are stiff and they tend to slip. I'm sure you'll master putting them on as quickly in no time. Try the different tips and use the ones that fit and sounds best for you. Alternatively you can also experiment with tips from other brands like shure that fits your UM1.

One thing is for certain, as you spend and acquire better earphones, the change is little but the price is a leap difference. It's up to you to justify that. Eventually you might want to add a portable amp to enhance your set up or go for iMods, etc, when you have a better budget.

One thing is for certain, as you spend and acquire better earphones, the change is little but the price is a leap difference. It's up to you to justify that. Eventually you might want to add a portable amp to enhance your set up or go for iMods, etc, when you have a better budget.

Well said. This is very true. So you should just find your comfort level. Besides, while the SQ change might be little, your level of enjoyment might change a lot, which ultimately that's what it's all about.

Unfortunately for me, mine doesn't seem to be ending too soon :no: Though I must say I am 99% sastisfied with my current iMod/caps/amp/ER-4.

ER4 is a good earphone.... but for someone looking for bass.... you're gonna be disappointed.

Ah I would like to take this oppourtunity to point out that the ER-4 HAS bass. In fact, it has one of deepest bass. The issue isn't with the tonal range, the issue is that some people prefer the bass thumping, while the ER-4 is very flat.

For that matter while I mostly listen to classical, I enjoy rock on my ER-4 as well. Sometimes the bass even makes me dizzy :rclxub:

Peanutbutterjam, what amp are u using to drive your er4?

1pin, congratulations that you got the UM1.

My guess is that although you dont feel the difference is big now, in time to come, when you got use to the sound, try listening to your old earphones again. Lol.

For UM1, try not to sit on it.. Lol, the sound tube will break.

The ER4P has got a very punchy and articulated bass and is ample till I've gotten used to me ESW10. My only IEM now, the ER4P is driven by the Mustang with an S adapter (ER4P-24). I'm only very irritated with the cable clutter and the bulky Y joint area which requires a clip for support.

I'm truly keen on getting the APS cables for them to hear to changes and clear the bulk but it actually takes about a month for them to make. Anyway, an iMod first...

1pin: And please be really careful while changing the tips for your UM1. Try not to use brute force as the tubes are fragile. As for the removing the earphones from your ears, remove them by the drivers and not by the wires. With proper care the UM1 is going to last (but not till your craving starts).

Edited by palestofwhite

Peanutbutterjam, what amp are u using to drive your er4?

I'm using the GS Voyager, usually on 'flat'.

My guess is that although you dont feel the difference is big now, in time to come, when you got use to the sound, try listening to your old earphones again. Lol.

Hehe good advice. There's no going back :rclxms:

The ER4P has got a very punchy and articulated bass and is ample till I've gotten used to me ESW10. My only IEM now, the ER4P is driven by the Mustang with an S adapter (ER4P-24). I'm only very irritated with the cable clutter and the bulky Y joint area which requires a clip for support.

I'm truly keen on getting the APS cables for them to hear to changes and clear the bulk but it actually takes about a month for them to make. Anyway, an iMod first...

Hm you try looping the ER-4 over your ears? It solves all the microphonics and carrying problems.

APS cables are v interesting, and v promising also. However, at the cost of nearly another ER-4, I'm not sure whether my wallet can stomach it :think:

Edited by peanutbutterjam