1pin

Creative Aurvana Price Cut. good earphone? nid help

Guest dragonboy

Well said. This is very true. So you should just find your comfort level. Besides, while the SQ change might be little, your level of enjoyment might change a lot, which ultimately that's what it's all about.

Unfortunately for me, mine doesn't seem to be ending too soon :no: Though I must say I am 99% sastisfied with my current iMod/caps/amp/ER-4.

Ah I would like to take this oppourtunity to point out that the ER-4 HAS bass. In fact, it has one of deepest bass. The issue isn't with the tonal range, the issue is that some people prefer the bass thumping, while the ER-4 is very flat.

For that matter while I mostly listen to classical, I enjoy rock on my ER-4 as well. Sometimes the bass even makes me dizzy :rclxub:

I never like bass thumping bass. Anyone who enjoyed the ER-4p wouldn't like bass thumping bass. Er-4p have very detail accuracy, fantastic vocals but the bass tends to shake out of control especially on double bass. That's the reason I'm on the ACS-T1 and still very happy with it! :lust:

I don't really like wearing earphones over the ears. I had bad experiences with the wires going from the back. I used to wear my UM1 the conventional way but the Y joint was going too near my neck.

I might just try the APS next year. Till then, I won't mind letting you try and from there we can see how it's going to convince your wallet to go on a diet.

Dragonboy : Care to share how the ACS improves over the ER4P?

Edited by palestofwhite

I never like bass thumping bass. Anyone who enjoyed the ER-4p wouldn't like bass thumping bass. Er-4p have very detail accuracy, fantastic vocals but the bass tends to shake out of control especially on double bass. That's the reason I'm on the ACS-T1 and still very happy with it! :lust:

Omg ACS T1... Ya the last time I went to stereo Aron told me to try the T1 (I was looking at cans btw). Totally amazing. Its like ER-4 on steriods. And the custom wasn't even made for me. But when I heard the price I think my wallet also need steriods :helpsmilie:

I might just try the APS next year. Till then, I won't mind letting you try and from there we can see how it's going to convince your wallet to go on a diet.

Wow you getting them? Cool, I would love to hear the improvement. Have seen too many delicious reviews about this. For me I'm prolly looking at getting custom sleeves for my ER-4 first.

Poor man's alternative to the T1 i suppose :DD

yea the cord keep slipping off the back of my ear when i try to bent or tilt my head at a certain direction.. :rclxub:

palestofwhite: what do you mean by safely remove the um1 tip? it tried changing it just now like unscrewing something. am i correct? its damm tied and lucky i did not spoil it.

1)anyone know how long will one um1 foam tip last? ;)

Edited by 1pin

depending on how active your ear produce that yellowish substance, somewhere between 1 to 2 months i will guess? Mine die in less than 3 weeks, sticked to silicone ever since.

The Tips should be removed with the twisting motion and not forcefully straight out. Try to twist the tip parallel to the nozzle and not bend around with force as you may break the tube.

Comply Tips are very comfortable and gives quite a good seal but they also have the shortest lifespan. At average, mine will lose it's seal and turn yellow in about a week. My current best choice of tips is the Shure black foams. They last a lot longer and can be washed and reused maybe once or twice before losing seal. They are also very comfortable and to me provide a better seal and texture.

Anyway if you can live with the silicone or rubber type flanged tips, those will go a long way with frequent cleaning using denatured alcohol or methylated spirit (bought from Guardian Pharmacy).

Someday you might even venture into making your own Custom Ear Molds or Integrated full custom IEMs. Those provide the best personal fit.

Edited by palestofwhite

Guest dragonboy

I don't really like wearing earphones over the ears. I had bad experiences with the wires going from the back. I used to wear my UM1 the conventional way but the Y joint was going too near my neck.

Dragonboy : Care to share how the ACS improves over the ER4P?

I was quite worried not getting the type of detail, analytical accuracy & transparent vocals like the ER4p when I was ordering the ACS-T1, like what peanutbutterjam says.... it's like ER4p on Steriods. You get more of the ER4p + super comfort fit + a wide spacious soundstage unheard off in earphones. :DD

Edited by dragonboy

Someday you might even venture into making your own Custom Ear Molds or Integrated full custom IEMs. Those provide the best personal fit.

Uh oh. Now you put some dangerous ideas into his mind :))

Hm am seriously thinking of getting the ER-4 custom sleeves... The added comfort is just too tempting... :yeah:

Guest dragonboy

At the rate I'm using the shure black foams... I seriously think I have spent close to a custom sleeve... maybe it's about time.

Customs would be your next step definitely.... but try the soft silicon ones. A lot more comfortable.... I had tried putting on the T1 for about 7 hours without taking them out.