Morgan Wu

The new Apple In-Ear

Okay, I got it at EpiCentre Wheelock yesterday. First impression, it's an eccentric IEM. Eccentric as in it sounds different when you listen to low bitrate and high bitrate songs with it. It seems to prefer high bitrate songs. When you listen to songs with a high bitrate, it sounds good. Listen to any other songs in the 96-128kbps range and it sounds tinny. :sweat:

And it sounds good on my iPhone 3G, but bad on my Dell laptop. I dunno if it is because the sound card in my laptop is sh*tty? :think:

But alright, let's talk about the SQ of it IF i'm listening to good quality MP3 tracks. It's quite good actually. There's punchy bass, not those muddy kind. You can feel the impact, but it's not in excess. I think bassheads are better off with other bass intensive earphones. Mid-range is generally good and clear too. Treble is sharp and clear too, but too soft for my liking. I have to use the 'Treble Booster' equalizer setting in my iPhone to make high notes more audible. Maybe it still needs running in.

As for the fit, I think the silicon tips are comfortable enough. And it's very nice, being white and translucent. :D

But I think if you mod it to use foam tips, SQ should be improved further.

Overall, it sounds like a bassier version of my Shure SE110. Which is what I'm looking for. :grin: