jason_

D3 users come in!

Need to charge in pairs, hence you need at least 6 batts. I use a 4 batt charger, hence i charge 4 at a time, and after that the remaining 2.

For me i alternate between alkaline and rechargeable.

Its a less than ideal solution, but i lived with it pretty well :)

Edited by Morgan Wu

well i just keep buying new alkaline batts....i used it for 3 weeks before i had to buy new batts. but yes. rechargeable seems like a better long term solution.

anyone know if battery is used when i plugged it via USB to my PC?

anyone know if battery is used when i plugged it via USB to my PC?

hello, once the amp is plug to your comp via USB as the DAC, it become a standalone DAC alr. No battery is use at that time!

I think what blackmouth0 meant is that the D3 does not use battery power when you are connect via USB only if you are using the D3 purely as a dac and using the "input" jack as your output. If you use the D3 as a dac+amp (meaning you are still connected to the "output" jack), you are still using the batt.

I came to this conclusion because no sound comes out of D3 if i am connected via USB/using the output jack/and there is no batt in the D3.

connected via USB > earphone connected to "input" > using D3 as dac > no batt power is consumed

connected via USB > earphone connected to "output" > using D3 as dac+amp > batt power is consumed.

Edited by Morgan Wu

I think what blackmouth0 meant is that the D3 does not use battery power when you are connect via USB only if you are using the D3 purely as a dac and using the "input" jack as your output. If you use the D3 as a dac+amp (meaning you are still connected to the "output" jack), you are still using the batt.

I came to this conclusion because no sound comes out of D3 if i am connected via USB/using the output jack/and there is no batt in the D3.

connected via USB > earphone connected to "input" > using D3 as dac > no batt power is consumed

connected via USB > earphone connected to "output" > using D3 as dac+amp > batt power is consumed.

Thanks! I learn something new then!