ninja

um2 or superfi 5 pro? help

heyhey..got some ang pow money and decided to buy earphones for myself..i own one AD700 at home, but it's too huge for outdoor uses, also leaks sound. so..i did some research and chose either um2 or sf5p(superfi 10 pro is much more expensive right? and um3 and se530, all 600 range liao, so cant). my max bugdet will be 400. i listen to all music from classic to female vocals to techno to hiphop :) so i prefer stronger bass(ad700 lacks abit bass without amping..i don't have an amp, just use 30GB ipod video), i think i m gonna audition the iem when i got time, any suggestions or opinions on choosing these iem? or shud i buy second hand iem? i dun quite trust the working conditions and warraties leh..

o ya.. SE can audition um2 and superfi 5 pro? and what are the iem i can audition there?

Hey,

Looks like I'm not the only one new to this forum. Haha. I'll have to correct you on two terms, the "superfi 10 pro" and "um3". It's actually the Triple.fi 10pro and Westone 3 respectively.

Opinions may vary, and that certainly applies to you as well. Let your ears guide you, and don't be too quick to reach out for your wallet if you've not heard all of the IEMs that you have singled out, or wish to try.

Coincidentally, I have a pair of Triple.fi 10pros to be sold, and the warranty is ending mid-to-late March. It's certainly slightly under your max budget of $400. :D Was thinking of posting a WTS here, but looks like there's a 50 minimum post requirement.

Edited by Quantom

SF5Pro/UM2 would be quite good choices, I'll throw a few more your way.

Klipsch Image X10 - Well balanced sound, nice bass and good highs. Unsure of price though.

SA6 - Fantastic (no kidding) for vocals, adjustable bass and treble may work for you. $300ish.

SF5 - Different from the Pro version, better or not I can't comment because I have not heard it.

Atrio - If you want good bass and a nice natural presentation, this is the one for you. Less than $300.

On the ones you have shortlisted,

SF5Pro - I find this to be on of the most "upgrade-able" IEM out there (no offence to current owners) simply because there really isn't anything long lasting about it. It's just good, but not great. With the obvious TF10 existing, it really becomes very upgrade-able indeed. Aftermarket cables such as Null Audio or ES2 could change the sound, for better or worse is for you to decide.

UM2 - It's easy to understand why people like the UM2 so much. Warm, mellow and more than enough bass (for me). I simply can't fit Westones so I didn't consider it. And for the UM2, an upgrade is not immediately obvious because the Westone 3 has a different sound signature from it (a more balanced one).

Finally, try try and try again. I don't buy my stuff until I've gotten at least 3 tries with it and at least one session being 1 hour long to test for fatigue.

Good luck.

heyhey..got some ang pow money and decided to buy earphones for myself..i own one AD700 at home, but it's too huge for outdoor uses, also leaks sound. so..i did some research and chose either um2 or sf5p(superfi 10 pro is much more expensive right? and um3 and se530, all 600 range liao, so cant). my max bugdet will be 400. i listen to all music from classic to female vocals to techno to hiphop :) so i prefer stronger bass(ad700 lacks abit bass without amping..i don't have an amp, just use 30GB ipod video), i think i m gonna audition the iem when i got time, any suggestions or opinions on choosing these iem? or shud i buy second hand iem? i dun quite trust the working conditions and warraties leh..

o ya.. SE can audition um2 and superfi 5 pro? and what are the iem i can audition there?

hello. I think you can go for the UE 5 pro. Cause the bass is deep enough and strong.

Speaking of it, why not try the klipsch custom 3 or the image X10? SE only have the custom 2 for demo. But the custom 3 will sound way way better then the 2 la.

As for the demo at SE huh, they got mainly, the shure, UE, and the Westone. Can try klipsch too!

i owned all 3 earphones . they are UM2, 5PRO & TRIPLE FI. 10 .

from your words , i recommend 5pro is your best choice .'Cause the price & it's deep bass .

the sound of 5PRO is so apply to HIP-hop and rocking roll music .

just for your reference .

If it is just between the 2, I would go for the Sfi5p together with the ES2 cable.

Why not consider the Sfi5EB?

cos i think it's too much bass, i may get headache over long period of time :(

sf5p is cheaper than um2 and triplefi 10 by how much? 100 bucks?

Guest dragonboy

Since stereo is having a promo for UM2 + free Delux case... Maybe you can seriously consider. Stated for this weekend only!

i went to SE today, really awsome, auditioned um2, ue 5pro, se530, westone 3 and triple 10 pro. think triple 10 pro suites me :) thanks to Ronald's efforts on recommending me earphones.. really nice service

i went to SE today, really awsome, auditioned um2, ue 5pro, se530, westone 3 and triple 10 pro. think triple 10 pro suites me :) thanks to Ronald's efforts on recommending me earphones.. really nice service

Heh. So wanna relieve me of my spare set of TF10pros?

ya, i was considering um2 and 5 pro first, but after i tried the 10pro, i got addicted already. um2 sounds warm and neutral to me, not sounding as wide as 10 pro...now i have to start saving money alr..hai..