wen1979

iBasso D3 Spoilt =(

just bought it 1 mth ago from stereo electronics and recently, the unit seems to be running out of battery and as such i got a new set of batteries with intention to change it. To my awe, when i opened it, i saw that the left most battery has leaked and the whole column to the internals has oxidised. i tried to change the battery but it seems that the circuit is not connecting. i did not expose the unit to water, nor dropped it nor opened it to change the battery.

seems like i have a dead unit =(

anyone knows if this is covered under warranty? hate to see my hard earned cash gone after just 1 mth.

Guest dragonboy

just bought it 1 mth ago from stereo electronics and recently, the unit seems to be running out of battery and as such i got a new set of batteries with intention to change it. To my awe, when i opened it, i saw that the left most battery has leaked and the whole column to the internals has oxidised. i tried to change the battery but it seems that the circuit is not connecting. i did not expose the unit to water, nor dropped it nor opened it to change the battery.

seems like i have a dead unit =(

anyone knows if this is covered under warranty? hate to see my hard earned cash gone after just 1 mth.

Was the batt that leak provided by the stereo? I thought they normally don't give batt?

Talk to them.... they might make exceptions.

Edited by dragonboy

yup, but they were nice enough to give a set to me...cause i spent abt 1300+ at their shop

anyway i am not an electronics guy....what might have caused teh battery to leak? it was in there for about a mth.

Edited by wen1979

Guest dragonboy

yup, but they were nice enough to give a set to me...cause i spent abt 1300+ at their shop

anyway i am not an electronics guy....what might have caused teh battery to leak? it was in there for about a mth.

The batteries could have leaked if you had connected a power adapter directly to the D3 without removing the batteries. Other than that it seems yours is an isolated case since most users in headfi don't seem to have this prob.

Edited by dragonboy

alkaline batteries? wonder what brand it is.

usually it happens to alkaline batteries which the batteries have run out and left inside for long time(that how my panasonic pcdp got spoilt)

best bet is to take your D3 down to stereo to let them check and see if they can replace another set for you under warranty.

Guest dragonboy

But D3s got no power adapter for you to plug in. What batteries you using?

D3 does not comes with an ac adapter but it does accept a 9v ac if I'm not mistaken..... Always safer to remove the batteries if using with an ac adapter.

D3 does not comes with an ac adapter but it does accept a 9v ac if I'm not mistaken..... Always safer to remove the batteries if using with an ac adapter.

you are mistaken for sure. the D3 python does not accept ac power.

if not i would like to know how to use 9v ac on my D3. :think: