kevinsit

Ultimate Link LOD questions

Hi guys I have several questions about the Ultimate Link LODs and I hope you guys can help me with it.

1) May I know what are the differences between the I, C and M of the UL Signature LODs?

2) How different is the Signature from the previous Master series?

Thanks!

Hi guys I have several questions about the Ultimate Link LODs and I hope you guys can help me with it.

1) May I know what are the differences between the I, C and M of the UL Signature LODs?

Thanks!

Why don't you make your way to stereo and let decide for yourself?

Guest dragonboy

Thanks!

I felt that although the Old Silver master LOD was very detail, accurate and analytical.... it lacks on the width and spaciousness. Soundstage was restrained. The new Signature, IMO carries all the pros of the old SM-i but the soundstage was impressively wider and open. Seems to correct the cons of the SM-i. But it's always good to hear it for yourself. :cans:

I - ipod players like classic/touch/iphone

C - Creative line out players like Vision-w/m

M - RWA iMod 5.5, they have built-in caps in them.

The Signature series are indeed an improvement over the SM-i, the soundstage of the SM-i is slightly smaller compared to the Signature series.

Last heard Aron is working on a new cable... this time so transparent, you get to hear everything naked.

Thanks for your replies guys.

peanutbutterjam: I commute in the east so Woodlands is like a foreign faraway land to me. So it'll be great to get help from here :)

dragonboy: Hm seems like Signature-i is the way to go for SQ wise...

[J]-ohn: So that's what I, C and M means... Stereo website could afford to be that slightly more informative imo. New prototype? The transparency factor is making me wonder whether to wait for it. My current rig iPhone -> D2 Viper -> Atrio should benefit greatly from it...

Edited by kevinsit

John, are you referring to the silver quad braided prototype?

The silver quad braided is available, and will be Ultimate link's 2009 entry level model, uses the former model - Silver Reference. Quite an eye candy I must say and a great performer with sound, looks and flexibility. Only the ipod version was available yesterday but the mini to mini should be out soon, I'll be dropping by stereo today to return the 2 cable samples he loan me last weekend.

What I'm more interested is the new flagship cable, Silver Reference is already pretty good beside the ALO silver cryo which I DIY, the Qables silvercab pro and UL former Silver master but this new one is a totally different level. There is only so much I can say, (if not Aron will kill me later I see him.) will update later when I officially get my hands on it.

However the release date is still unknown so wait wait wait.... :yawn:

Yeah it really looked nice. But Woodlands is simply too far for me to go there frequently to try out the LODs. I am applying for an internship to 3M though, haha. If i get the internship, i definitely will be going causeway point frequently.