Sign in to follow this  
zedane

UE TF 10!

Just wondering whether amazon is a reliable place to shop from? Saw a very cheap TF 10 going on for sale, close to 20% off the original price (Do the math! its really a big sum)! Not posting the link here coz i dunno whether it is allowed or not :sweat:

If it's sold by Amazon itself, should be reliable. If you get it from Amazon Marketplace, got to be careful.

One important thing to find out, will the local distributor provide warranty for an overseas set? This is typically not the case, so you'll have to set the set back to the States if there's anything wrong.

If it's sold by Amazon itself, should be reliable. If you get it from Amazon Marketplace, got to be careful.

One important thing to find out, will the local distributor provide warranty for an overseas set? This is typically not the case, so you'll have to set the set back to the States if there's anything wrong.

Not too bad shipping overseas by yourself, considering that the local store might just take about forever to ship your stuff back. There's a forummer here who waited months just for his zero dac to come back from Jaben. Sure, IEMs can't be compared to that, due to the size and weight, but doesn't it go to show the mindset of the store? Of course, if someone could attest against that, it'd be great, but if not, I'd say just go for the set overseas.

And another thing to note. Since you're getting it first hand at about $100 off, which would make it close to $500 (do correct me if this isn't the price right now), you'll have to pay for GST when it hits the shores of Singapore, since it's over $400. This could be easily avoided by having the seller under declare the cost of the stuff, but since you're getting it from Amazon.. I think it's wishful thinking.

Edited by Quantom

Not too bad shipping overseas by yourself, considering that the local store might just take about forever to ship your stuff back. There's a forummer here who waited months just for his zero dac to come back from Jaben. Sure, IEMs can't be compared to that, due to the size and weight, but doesn't it go to show the mindset of the store? Of course, if someone could attest against that, it'd be great, but if not, I'd say just go for the set overseas.

And another thing to note. Since you're getting it first hand at about $100 off, which would make it close to $500 (do correct me if this isn't the price right now), you'll have to pay for GST when it hits the shores of Singapore, since it's over $400. This could be easily avoided by having the seller under declare the cost of the stuff, but since you're getting it from Amazon.. I think it's wishful thinking.

YEAH the $400 tingy is really a big turn off..... and i doubt they would even bother to underdeclare -.- But i just cant seem to trust other sellers lol.... circuit city? hahaha

Just wondering whether they can under-declare the value coz if i m not mistaken anything coming into singapore thats above SGD 400 will be taxed with 7% GST!!!