Sign in to follow this  
wstam

Where to find iPod 5/5.5G?

Hi all,

My first post here. I used be to a relatively serious home hifi fan. However due to work and family the system at home is hardly on for last few years. I am planning to go the portable audio route so that at least I can get to listen to my CD collection. Presently have pre-ordered the UM3x. Plan to go for a good portable amp later.

I am keen to find a iPod 5.5G. Where are the best places (shop/web) to look for them? Is the classified thread in this forum the only possible place? I have been searching for a while.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Cheers

i planning to sell off my voyager and ipod soon and go CDP only...might let go of the caps too,buy as a set?

i planning to sell off my voyager and ipod soon and go CDP only...might let go of the caps too,buy as a set?

I have pm you. Tks

apple refurbished store. Here

Tks. Am I correst that only the 30G one is 5 or 5.5G? The rest are the later 6G?

I actually have called and ask them. Don't think I get useful answer. The person refused to tell me which G are the ipod. He claimed that they don't use this term. He also refused to tell me how old they are :angry:

If you are going the full works, you can also look at ordering an iPod from RedWineAudio/ALO

http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?ma...index&cPath=2_9

Other the $, they are listed "Sold Out". Can they be obtained locally?

Tks for all the replies.

Edited by wstam

the 5/5.5g ipods are those with the glossy surface. the newer gens are all metal surface. refurbished ipods are will fitted with brand new casing according to apple, so they shld be like brand new.

Damn didn't know iMods are out of stock again.

Got mine a couple of months ago from Jaben. Know a few guys are also selling them in these forums.

You can either buy the DIY caps along with the pre-owned iMods or get these from ALO

IPB Image

Cryo Silver X with blackgates caps (no need for external cap box), same caps as in iMod4G

IPB Image

External VCap box

Damn didn't know iMods are out of stock again.

Got mine a couple of months ago from Jaben. Know a few guys are also selling them in these forums.

You can either buy the DIY caps along with the pre-owned iMods or get these from ALO

Tks for the note. Anyway to find those few guys selling them?

visit forums often, one or two pop out every time

Guess I just have to wait patiently. Tks.

There is a local RWA dealer selling RWA products including new IMOD 5.5G (Imodded from refurbished Ipod 5.5G).

Just called to check yesterday and there is 1 last set left.

Scary price though.

End up sending my old Ipod Photo to RWA for the Imod directly.

Happy searching!