Sign in to follow this  
cgmx2

recommendations for new player

Guest Hottopic

How about the COWON S9?

Recently, it is a hot product in Japan.

Could anyone compare the the new iriver B30 with the Cowon S9? The new B30 looks like a new flagship player from iriver.

Guest jacj6049

Just bought the last Sansa Fuze in Sim Lim area.... think it is really the last one in Singapore.

It is pink colour, but I must say, the built quality is good and the sound is really nice!

I think the only way to get this will be to order from web. Have checked with most stores in Sim Lim, including Song Brothers... they are no longer carrying Sansa nowadays.

There are only some new sansa available, known as Sansa View (saw some in Funan), but heard the sound quality is not as good as the Clip or Fuze.

Or get Sony X1060... looks nice (saw it in the airport, Sonystyle, T3)!

hi mark tan,how much n where did ya buy?can pm me?thanks

Bought the last set from Birlington Square (the building besides Sim Lim Square, at around $150).

However, it is the last set and I am very sure they don't have any more stocks.

Occasionally, Jaben brings in a few limited set and you might want to keep a lookout. There are a few sets available last month for just 1 day and all snatched up within the day as I was there in Jaben.

If you are really keen to get a brand new set, suggest ordering from the net... have tried almost all the gadget stores and confirm no more left (not even the old sets).

For the price, it is really a worth it set!

Agree that Sony has nice sound signature.

There are also people who likes iAudio as well, such as the S9, which also do not need a amp.

For me, now used to amp and really makes a big difference to SQ except the weight!

:cans:

Could anyone compare the the new iriver B30 with the Cowon S9? The new B30 looks like a new flagship player from iriver.

I heard that the new B30 can use the microSD card as integrated memory to play music and video. This mean its storage become big, very big.

Agree that Sony has nice sound signature.

There are also people who likes iAudio as well, such as the S9, which also do not need a amp.

For me, now used to amp and really makes a big difference to SQ except the weight!

:cans:

Agreed! But going unamped really does save one alot of hassle, not to mention substantial monetary savings :)

To each his own i guess xD

Cowon D2 if you don't need a big screen. I own one. Excellent battery life and sound quality. I bought iphone recently so I am thinking of selling it off. Pl. PM me if you are interested in D2.

Cowon D2 if you don't need a big screen. I own one. Excellent battery life and sound quality. I bought iphone recently so I am thinking of selling it off. Pl. PM me if you are interested in D2.

x2

D2 has the best battery life i have seen in a DAP. You won't regret it.

Yap... to each his own!

I used to think it is hassle to bring another amp and caps when the sound should be around the same. When treid amp and caps, the improvement is just making the weight worth it!

I am flying quite a bit and the music helps in making the flight more enjoyable.

Will reconsider going unamp if I change job, but will definitely be a difficult position when I am so used to the sweet music now!

Enjoy the music!

Agreed! But going unamped really does save one alot of hassle, not to mention substantial monetary savings :)

To each his own i guess xD

Guest Rudi

How about the COWON S9?

Recently, it is a hot product in Japan.

I like Cowon players but the interface seems messy. S9 looks really cool though