deco20

I need a new IEM earphone! and some ADVICE

Hello, Im kinda new to these forums kind of thing.... Anyway, I need to buy a new IEM earphones. My Creative Ep-630 died a few days ago. I just bought them 6 months ago and they friggin died...

I know Creative earphones suck to some extent but the sound of the EP-630s were perfect for me ears.

I heard that there were audio pros in these forums that could help me.. I need to buy a new IEM earphones with can rival the EP 630s or better (last longer than 5 months)...the things is, is that I have no idea what models, brands are good?

Music I listen to: U2, Queen, R.E.M, Manic Street Preachers, Fair to Midland....

Budget: $60 to $70

Any help would be most appreciated!

Best to drop by Stereo at Causeway Point. Service is excellent. There's many to choose from. You can hear them and judge for yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you, you might end up busting your budget. :grin:

Edited by ical

hmmm, sicne they having the JBL reference for sale, why not get it, to me , is a good pair of earphone with decent matching (better) then the EP630

Best to drop by Stereo at Causeway Point. Service is excellent. There's many to choose from. You can hear them and judge for yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you, you might end up busting your budget. :grin:

Stereo? Does the shop only sells Earphones or does it sell other electrical appliances like TV? The shop sounds familiar.. Yeah I have been trying to find a shop which actually lets you try out the earphones, THX though

JBL ?? what is a JBL?? sounds exotic and powerful...lol

After a night of researching, Ive comed up with a few contenders.

JBL Reference 220

Sony MDR EX55LP

Sony MDR EX35LP

Sony MDR EX36V

Audio Technica ATH-CK7 titanium

My problem is that when it comes to earphones, I am a "Commercialized Mainstream" kind of consumer. The only brands I know are the typical ones like creative, sony, phillips bla bla...

Help me out! I heard there is a shop called Jaben at Funan or something, my girlfriend told me it is a audio heaven...

After a night of researching, Ive comed up with a few contenders.

JBL Reference 220

Sony MDR EX55LP

Sony MDR EX35LP

Sony MDR EX36V

Audio Technica ATH-CK7 titanium

My problem is that when it comes to earphones, I am a "Commercialized Mainstream" kind of consumer. The only brands I know are the typical ones like creative, sony, phillips bla bla...

Help me out! I heard there is a shop called Jaben at Funan or something, my girlfriend told me it is a audio heaven...

was your girlfriend bewitched by the old man?

stereo sells tonnes of mainstream consumer earphones + exotic ones at reasonable price. Most can be auditioned.