user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

THE CHIP

user posted image

VERY CUTE wub.gif

Edited by bzy83

You got any details on this USB amp? Links or anything?

if u can read Chinese u can go to here for detail and reviews, if you cannot read chinese.... i dont know how to help u.... laugh.gifunsure.gif

Thanks I tried using babelfish to geet some rudimentary translations. Unfortunately the "Second Generation Tube card" link was not successful using babelfish. Maybe you can help to describe a little more detail about it?

Those are very nice pics bro thanks for sharing! party.gif

It seems the Chinese do have sound real nice audio products too holiday.gif

Thanks I tried using babelfish to geet some rudimentary translations. Unfortunately the "Second Generation Tube card" link was not successful using babelfish. Maybe you can help to describe a little more detail about it?

hah, my english is not good enough to decently translate the articals for you... but i will try my best...

for the 2nd generation tube usb sound card, the web site just published those pictures, the specifications and review will be published later because the tube need to burn-in for a few weeks.

the 1st gereration tube usb sound card is just the one in my last post with pictures.

the chip of the 1st gereration tube usb sound card is the Burr-Brown PCM2702 which is a “16-Bit Stereo DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG CONVERTER with USB Interfaceâ€.

the spec-sheet of this chip is like:

user posted image

the chip support 16 bit/32,44.1,48 kHz sampling rate. this chip is just a usb interface DAC, has no 3D hardware acceleration and cannot record, which means the usb sound card can be used for listening music only, cannot use Line-in to record or even use MIC to chat with your friend through the internet. but as long as it's sound is good, who cares about the function?

the sound card is very big, cannot use for portable purpose, because it has 2 big and hot tubes. DIYEN is the first organisation (we call it organisation is because it is not a registered company but just formed buy a few Hi-Fi DIYers and professors) designed tube soundcards in china. they believe tubes can produce warm sound unlike other sound cards that has very cold and digital sound.

the 1st gereration tube usb sound card uses 2 6N11J tubes, J means from the army company (in china, there are alot of company are formed by the army, because previously china has planned economy and the army performs some production of those vital components for the country. in the 1950~1980s, army company represents high quality and reliability, but now...@##$#$%@ but anyway, the 6N11J tubes are still good tubes produced in china now) which is used a lot by Hi-Fi companies and DIYers in china. the rice of these tubes in the market is about 25RMB(1rmb=0.2sgd). the tube has soft but tight sound. the 6N11J tubes are compatible with more than 10 models of tubes in the market, so that you can change the tubes by your self to mod the sound card.

when we use the tube sound card, the tubes are not very hot when tey are working, you can even touch them without be injured. but the sound card is a little bit naughty because when you are using it you cannot plugin or unplug other USB devices, other wise it will keep silence. in this case, unplug the sound card and plugin again may work, or you can restard you system. this is what all DIYed usb sound cards need to improve--the driver. apart from this problem, we had a happy listening with the sound card.

it shows some differences when it is firstly started, the sound is quite relax, smooth... it reminds us of the famous Creative AWE64 Gold, they have similar style.

laugh.gif the rest of this review is relatively complex, i will have to work harder to translate it hah~~ laugh.gif i will post it maybe tomorrow. enjoy this part first, hope u can understand my english... laugh.gif

the link of the review is here, hope some body understand chinese can help me to translate the artical because my english level is really not enough blush.gif

and here got the photo galleries of this sound card party.gif

Those are very nice pics bro thanks for sharing! party.gif

It seems the Chinese do have sound real nice audio products too holiday.gif

hah... feel good when other people say china good wub.gifwub.gif

actually, china produces a lot of Hi-Fi products that has very high performnce/price rate. but these products are all low level ones, not like those european companies, prodces top class Hi-Fi products.

china is lack of technology... no.gif

Thanks for the translation! How much does it cost? On the 1st generation tube USB soundcard, what tubes are used?

I case you don't already know I'm interested in it because I already own & very happy with a Chinese headphone/integrated/pre amp in the form of the Cayin Spark.

hah... feel good when other people say china good  wub.gif  wub.gif

Ah ha you are from China! ni hao tongue.gif i guess you are the same age as me , from the "83" in you nick

xie xie for the review, it must have been a b*tch translating wacko.gif

this sound card + amp does look like a good component for my next PC

Edited by huihong