Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

Help me choose a grafic card

Q00 i sorta disagree with you. I think that ATi's core is more efficient. FX brute force core clock and RAM speed just to achieve performance(at least for FX5800 with the noisy dustbuster). If you check out, the radeons 9xxx and FX of similar capability, the nvidias are clocked higher than ati. Plus, FX Ultra use 1 pci slot just for cooling, isn't that like a waste or something?

i do agree with u on th 5800 but the 5900 finally introduced the finesse that the fx core needed..

in the efficency department i was refering to how the same code is handled by the different cores.

in doom3, the same code has the fx core running almost a third as slow as the ati cores....

some brands have 1 slot cooling...but that said, id rather give up a slot cause the heat that the fx cores give off are defintely not good... id rather watercool that core...

Hey, jason, creative is having warehouse sales at its HQ on friday, 12 Sep. go there to catch some cheap cards. LELONG!LeLOnG

Heh heh... Creative have long not selling their grafic card in Singapore. In the US seems to quite popular....

One more thing, it sucks :yucks:

Why I buy their Audigy Platinum at such high price... no.gif