Sign in to follow this  
20BAbies

need advice from experts

I am looking for a good headphone DAC/AMP which is portable with my ipod Touch, but also can be used with my PC when I am in the office.

Flexible on budget, wont spend more than $1K.

ANy recommendation?

a friend recommended me IQube V2. But i am unsure if it work to it full potential with my PC iTune.

I've yet to test the Iqube v2 but the Iqube v1 has been serving me well. If you don't mind burning 1k, iqube v2 might be something you need.

I have done quite a lot of research on iQube V2.

I can get a silver cap LOD to connect my ipod touch to iQube V2 and i believe it will bypass the iTouch internal DAC and will use the iQube DAC to convert.

But when it comes to connecting to my PC, there is no USB input on iQube, so if i use a mini-mini to connect to my PC, i will not be able to bypass my crappy PC's sound card and use the iQube DAC.

I hope my question makes senses.

-ohn' date='24 Jul 2009, 09:43 AM' post='115809']

I've yet to test the Iqube v2 but the Iqube v1 has been serving me well. If you don't mind burning 1k, iqube v2 might be something you need.

pardon me for my ignorance, but i thought the iqube V2 is a DAC/AMP with mini to mini and usb inputs?

I can get a silver cap LOD to connect my ipod touch to iQube V2 and i believe it will bypass the iTouch internal DAC and will use the iQube DAC to convert.

But when it comes to connecting to my PC, there is no USB input on iQube, so if i use a mini-mini to connect to my PC, i will not be able to bypass my crappy PC's sound card and use the iQube DAC.

the iqube version2 has a usb output as stated here

you're correct that if you're using a mini to mini to connect to your PC issue but the point is that. the iqubev2 has both mini to mini outputs and a usb output for your PC.

i hope you understand my point :)

pardon me for my ignorance, but i thought the iqube V2 is a DAC/AMP with mini to mini and usb inputs?

yup.. from the pictures provided by aron in the announcement, there seems to be a mini-usb input

yeah you are both correct :)

Guest dragonboy

I think your research was done on the wrong product,bro :think: ... He's asking for the IQUBEV2 and yes that's with DAC built-in means USB input available. The model you're researching is probably the IQUBE which is an independent amplifier section by itself. But it's one of the BEST portable amp I've tried so far for it's neutrality and balanced presentation not the type of digitally equalised sound from other similar priced amp. Just my 2 cents... :14-00000002: If I need a DAC/AMP for portability, the IQUBEV2 will definitely be my first choice. :party:

And the LOD only bypass the amp section of your Touch so you only make use of the IQUBE amp section not the DAC since the LOD is not a digital output.

Edited by dragonboy

hmmm, why not conisder the ibasso D10? got a couple of input to choose. Not only as a DAC, can be use with optical and coaxial.

I had yet to tried the iqube v2, if it sound nice, maybe getting it and keep my v1 in my cupboard. Anyone can PM me the price of the V2?

Guest dragonboy

hmmm, why not conisder the ibasso D10? got a couple of input to choose. Not only as a DAC, can be use with optical and coaxial.

I had yet to tried the iqube v2, if it sound nice, maybe getting it and keep my v1 in my cupboard. Anyone can PM me the price of the V2?

Haven't check but prepare $1k should be ok. Anyway I already over shot my spending qouta liao. Must really lie low for sometime or else my wife will .... :smack::furious:

Haven't check but prepare $1k should be ok. Anyway I already over shot my spending qouta liao. Must really lie low for sometime or else my wife will .... :smack::furious:

hmmm, then buy one of this = one month spending quota alr! haha. Lucky i single, if not.... :bash:

Hmmm i don think a portable DAC/Amp is really worth $1000.. cos i used to own iQube v1 and although the sound is good the price is not worth it.. as someone said earlier i think a cheap and very worthwhile alternative would be the ibasso D10.. can roll opamps somemore for that perfect sound you looking for =)

Just came back from Stereo and saw the IQube V2.

Comes with 2 version, with the white one as limited edition set (no more rubber peeling issue!).

But the white one cost $100 more than the normal IQube V2!