Sign in to follow this  
Sennheiser

Sennheiser HD 800 Loan Program

Got my hands on the HD800 loaner today, dying to try it out with balanced cable.. Any kind soul? SE already very awesome, but balanced will be that much better! haha

Wow sweet!

What amp you trying them with?

Headroom balanced desktop.. surprisingly good SE performance too from the amp.

Are you using a HeadRoom UDAC/BUDA combo. Wow, I really want to try that out. Still waiting for my HD800 connectors to come in to have my balanced cable ready. =(

Do let me know if you wanna try the APS balanced, I rarely use my HD800 atm as my amp it not ready yet..

Sent you a PM. =)

Are you using a HeadRoom UDAC/BUDA combo. Wow, I really want to try that out. Still waiting for my HD800 connectors to come in to have my balanced cable ready. =(

Nope.. Just a normal headroom balanced desktop with home DAC and modules, will be bringing it to canslam but no fight with the apache la!

Do let me know if you wanna try the APS balanced, I rarely use my HD800 atm as my amp it not ready yet..

This i have to try as well! PM sent kopi..

Any reviews of the APS cable?

As usual, the problem i have when reviewing a cable is that i am unable to attribute which improvements in sound are due to a better cable and which are due to going balanced. All i can say is that the balanced APS does bring the HD800 to a whole new level, especially in the bass and details department.

Can't really go into specifics as i've only been listening it for a few nights and my head still hasn't really wrapped around the sound of the HD800. But some of my impressions are, the sound is just a little too perfect, making it a bit harder to get into the groove of the music.. Not in such a hurry to get these cans now that my curiosity has been satisfied :))