Sign in to follow this  
pppppppppp

who carries akg k518dj?

hi guys! i'm pretty new to this hobby, and i've been lurking here a little while.

so my birthday's coming up and i've decided to get myself a pair of k518dj's. do you guys know which shops i can try them and roughly what price they go for? (if it's against the rules to list the prices maybe you can send me a pm?)

i've been to stereo a couple times, once i picked up a pair of ath-m50s as a present for my sis, and once a pair of ksc75s for myself, which i am planning to replace with the k518djs because the ksc75s are simply too open. when i'm travelling on a bus for instance, i can barely hear the music unless i turn it up to very high levels. didn't recall seeing these headphones there, but it's very possible i missed them because i wasn't looking out for them at the time.

also, if anybody knows if the limited edition coloured versions (k518LE) can be found in singapore, i'd appreciate that very much too!

thanks a lot guys!

oh K518DJ stopped production already? then whats the replacement model?

I just saw that funan headphone gallery got the K518LE.. 1 or 2 sets there.. but no more K518DJ

i see..

in order of preference i probably want the red 518LE, then yellow 518LE, then the normal black on black 518dj.

what colours did you see simpon? do you remember?

also, if anyone else is looking for it, i managed to find out from hung bros at sim lim that they have the green and blue 518LE's in stock, which i'm not so interested in.

thanks a lot for all the replies guys!

so anyway for some closure,

i was in hongkong for some days just before christmas and i went to a headphone shop there (kingsound, i found the address sifting through head-fi threads) and bought k518djs for roughly S$90. not too bad i guess. the LE versions were all carried there but to be honest, up-close the colours look a bit cheap and tacky. the all-black is just sleeker and better-looking to me. and furthermore the LE versions are more expensive!

quite satisfied with them so far, my only gripe is the cable which is excessively long and quite thin and easily kinked. i might deal with this sometime in the future.

okay so that's the end of this thread! thanks everyone who responded :)