Sipher

Perreaux SHX-1

duckling: Hows does a combo like Senn HD650 + AudioValve RKV MK II + Marantz SA8260 sound to ya? laugh.gif

duckling: Hows does a combo like Senn HD650 + AudioValve RKV MK II + Marantz SA8260 sound to ya? laugh.gif

I am not into Tube Stuffs...I'll go for HD650 + Perreaux SXH1 + Marantz SA8400.

try audioadvisor.com

try audioadvisor.com

I dun think AA carry them anymore and it might not be compatible to Singapore's voltage.

For those who are interested, can order from Totallywired.

Duckling for that kind of money esp with shipping added why don't you go for a Sugden? Don't forget you can easily upgrade the Sugden in future as well. Component wise even the stock Sudgen looks better. An alternative would be the Corda.

As I have never heard the this amp but I have heard the HD-650 with a modded Sugden combo and it does sound very good. Unfortunatelly I have not heard the HD-650 with an unmodded Sugden.

Duckling for that kind of money esp with shipping added why don't you go for a Sugden? Don't forget you can easily upgrade the Sugden in future as well. Component wise even the stock Sudgen looks better. An alternative would be the Corda.

As I have never heard the this amp but I have heard the HD-650 with a modded Sugden combo and it does sound very good. Unfortunatelly I have not heard the HD-650 with an unmodded Sugden.

Hi Rameish,

the SHX1 cost abt S$820 inclusive of shipping where as the Sugden cost abt $1350 - almost $500 difference. I am new to Headphone Setup, not sure which is good / poor but since the rave reviews from Head-Fi, thus decided to give it a try at the given price.

Anyway, thanks for your recommendations.

Cheers!!

Isn't lengcm's modded Sugden still for sale?

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?showtopic=1657

Sounds really nice with his Consonance CDP IMO.

Well, a new amp is always welcomed. So if you do go for it do bring it for the next meet.

A word of advice: Be careful of head-fi latest fashion statement - it's a money sucking black hole LOL. Remember last year' s Spring Gilmore Lite "fashion", Summer's MPX 3 "collection, Autum's PPA, and Winter's Stelth.

Well, a new amp is always welcomed. So if you do go for it do bring it for the next meet.

A word of advice: Be careful of head-fi latest fashion statement - it's a money sucking black hole LOL. Remember last year' s Spring Gilmore Lite "fashion", Summer's MPX 3 "collection, Autum's PPA, and Winter's Stelth.

Thanks for the advise, Rameish, really appreciated. I'm not in the hurry to get a Amp yet but like the sound of the HD650 - currently seems like no stock in Singapore.

Surprisingly, seems like lots of owners selling the Perreaux SXH1. laugh.gif