Sign in to follow this  
rhudayar

NEWBIE - Headphone for Samsung LED TVs

Hi, I have a Samsung Series 7 LED TV.

This TV does not have the usual AUDIO OUT for Headphones connection.

Rather it has a Optical Digital AUDIO OUT.

I am looking for a wireless headphone to go with this TV.

it can be IR or RF, although I am not sure which one is better.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Edited by rhudayar

hey...if your tv only has an optical out, you cant use ANY headphones stright from that port.

optical out is basically a digital signal thats in 1s and 0s so youll need a Digital-to-Analog Converter(DAC) plus an amplifier to drive the headphones. a cheap all in one unit is the ZERO DAC, a slightly more expensive but better model is the maverick one that available at SE(not sure whats the model number but i think its on display)

may we know your budget? youll need the DAC+AMP before you can even use the headphones haha

Edited by Muzzi

Muzzi, he also want wireless. So he will need just a optical input DAC with RCA output and then connect to the wireless transmitter. Quite a tidy sum for watching TV. :)

Anyway, Stereo Electronics is the right place to go lah, they will have all the equipment needed.

looks like a good all in one package, less hassle. note u also have to get a rather good optical cable. stereo should have some.

there is stereo in woodlands causeway point, and there is also another one in dhoby ghaut plaza singapura.