Sign in to follow this  
epiphone

Recommendations for upgrade to use amplification

Sansa fuze small problem is the EQ.

With the cowons and sonys, you should be able to tweak quite a few things on the sound effects

Guest jacj6049

oh?so EQ is the problem?i really dun noe abouttat,sorry

Sansa fuze small problem is the EQ.

With the cowons and sonys, you should be able to tweak quite a few things on the sound effects

What's the story on the EQ problem? Crippling, or minor annoyance?

I'm making plans for getting a new player to replace my aging H320. Current choices are between D2+ and Sansa Fuze/Clip for their expandable memory (looking at Amazon because of lower prices, although without local warranty).

D2+ seems to have slight issues with its technical performance, although real-world performance seems to be excellent. These issues are also present in the Sansa Clip, iriver H3x0 and iAudio X5, but all these players are reported to be excellent.

As in the in built equalizer can almost do nothing useful to ur music. The rockboxed equalizer I've heard is better, at least usable

Whats the problem u heard about D2+? Beside some paint dropping due to my extensive abuse, its solid

Guest jacj6049

so ya use EQ+amp rite?oic,but to me,i never on tat EQ once,even i was usin discman when 10 years ago,

As in the in built equalizer can almost do nothing useful to ur music. The rockboxed equalizer I've heard is better, at least usable

Whats the problem u heard about D2+? Beside some paint dropping due to my extensive abuse, its solid

Useless EQ is just minor annoyance, in my opinion, as long as the circuitry doesn't distort the music. Can probably live without EQ, but clearly, your mileage may vary.

Anyway, D2/D2+, Sansa Clip, H3x0, X5, they all have poor stereo crosstalk at regular earphone impedance levels. It's supposed to be technically bad, but if you look again, these players have some of the most widely-praised sound quality among DAPs. Clearly, technical performance and real capability do not always correlate.

In fact, these players are supposed to be good candidates for amping, even though Clip and D2 do not have true line-out, a further testament to their good sound quality.

Edited by radioactive28

that's why i said its a small problem. I am also someone who never on EQ.

My D2+ crosstalk don't seems bad or if there is any, when coupled with UM3X which is supposed to be analytic

Are any of these cowons, sanzas going to feature in the show next weekend? Typically any incentive to get these players at the fair?