Sign in to follow this  
Gouki

Any experiences with Stax?

Hi,

Well, I'm pretty close to getting the cd3000, but i have a quesrtion about a brand called stax (STAX/SR-007 6~41,000Hz/170KΩ).

Does anyone have any expeirnece with this model? It got some good ratings, but I don't really have (or have space) an amplifier and would continue to use my computer to playvack music. I know it sounds a little silly but I really would like to get one more pair of heradphones, and thats it. My senns. 570 does not do the job of playing dance/techno/rock and i need a kick ass pair of phones. The eggos are good, but getting uncomfortable.

The stax are expensive, but I will take a look at them if some of you have any positive feedvacks about them.

PS. sorry for the spelling misrtakes as I cut one of my finger while slicing carrots and my japanese keyboard is meesedd up.

stax .. I've only heard the 404.

I am not too sure about the model that you mentioned, but if it's anything in the same league as the 404, then I think you'd be happier with the cd3000.

Not that the stax is bad.. but I don't think it can 'kick' ass tongue.gif

the bass is there but the punch is not the same as what you'll get from cans like sony cd3000.

However if you're into vocals and stuff.. stax is the way to go happy.gif

Sorry to say, stax need some seriously high powered amp to work.

"Impedance: 170KOhms (10kHz)

Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 100dB/100Vr.m.s. Input/10kHz"

You get what I mean? No joke with the amount of power needed to drive a stax.

"I don't really have (or have space) an amplifier and would continue to use my computer to playvack music. " No luck here. You MUST have an amp to drive these.

Edited by lekguan

I think STAX can kick ass, but not so much in the bass as in the pace and timeing of the music. They have good 'PRAT'

As lekguan says you NEED an amp, but they are not very big.

The bad thing about STAX is their build quality. They seem like they could break very easily, weak plastic and so on.

alright thanks guys for the feedback. they were well rated by several japanese reviewers, but the build quality may be too fragile for me (my eggos looks like a mess).

will keep you inform about the 3000. wink.gif