Sign in to follow this  
xiaobuaya

hello ! complete n00b here

Hello, a complete n00b here laugh.gif

anyway i'm new to the headphones area.. so pls guide me party.gif

anyway.. i know close to nothing bout headphones and i just put them over my ears to listen... not much of an audiophile.. so yea..

right now just use for gaming and for music, mostly mp3s and some movies without those fancy sound effects

I currently own a sennheiser hd497, and hope to continue using headphones, which is why i'm here! laugh.gif

I wonder if there's any complete newbie guide on headphones coz i really have no idea what you guys are talking about hehehe.. wandered around abit

Anyway i currently am looking for headphones/earphones to wear while i'm out that are good, coz i'm scared alot of the headphones i see are huge laugh.gif and quite hard to wear/carry around, maybe even obiang tongue.gif main use should be for rock/metal/punk... yea so any suggestions ? TIA smile.gif

Well for outside use nice sound for headphone maybe ... koss 35 or sez mx 500 ... this are wat i heard from ppl ... innocent.gifkicking.gif so try out and think abt it .. look under classified to see any one selling hee hee w00t.gifyeah.gif

rock/metal/punk? blink.gif

the sony ex70/71 should be good for that.. for their exaggerated bass response and also provide decent isolation on the go biggrin.gif

Woo i learm something new .. heehee wub.gifwub.gif

BTW I started out exactly like you as well, not knowing what cans were (headphones/earphones) and what PCDP was (Portable cd player) haha!

Anyway if you have the budget for games i really recommend getting a surround speaker for that room shaking oomph that you need. And the perception of "space" is better especially if you play FPS. (This is genuine suggestion, not something to spite headphones lovers ok!). Headphones surround very expensive as well and from what I gather, people prefer surround when playing games for that front to back effect.

Ok we have 3 kinds of headphones for going out actually:

1) earbuds a.k.a. earphones

2) streetstyle headphones

3) foldable headphones

Which do you really prefer, i.e. How do you percive portable as? Keeping in pocket? or what?.

EX70/71 not everyone can get used to. Plus its high is too screechy. People listening to rock and stuff love to up the volume a little and the highs become real irritating! Plus if you have more budget get Shures e1c/e2c.

All these few above mentioned are in canal meaning it goes a little into your ear canal, thus blocking the outside sound. The drawback is really the sound quality you get for the same price is much lesser. Plus, when on bus the bass is really no there because of the bass taht travels through the body effectively cancelling out the bass from these little buds.

If you don't need such isolation, you might op for someone just ordianary earphones but much better sounding ones : Sennheiser MX500

Edited by lekguan

hmm i have the mx500 but i don't really like earphones..

was thinking more along the lines of sony's streetstyle headphones but not sure about the quality..

also thought of the sony ex70 but scared the bass too much LOL laugh.gif

streetstyle don't get sony: get koss

www.koss.com

see if KSC55 is fine for you. IIRC $45 at Hung bros. Good stuff

Edited by lekguan

hmm i havent seen alot of foldable headphones..

so unsure about size

but should be either that or streetstyle

about gaming i face space constraints and dunno how to place the speakers, otherwise i would have used it for gaming already tongue.gif

earphones would be ok if they can block out sound and are comfy..

I see you are not a hardcore gamer. BTW the KSC55 go check out the koss website and see pictures!!!! thats why I posted the website URL! rolleyes.gif

Earphones which block out sound only in-canal buds(ex70/71 shure e1/e2).

One more thing state budget roughly.

hehe i am a hardcore gamer, just haven't really cared much about the sound tongue.gif

budget .. about less than $80 .. but not alot to spare tongue.gif

i'm checking out the koss k55 and it looks good, i'll go see the shure and decide..

thanks laugh.gif

Edited by xiaobuaya

the ksc-55 is good.. stylo and sounds good. My only gripe is that the band is a lil tight.. otherwise it's perfect for its size!

Wouldn't spending alot of money to listen to mp3s be kinda of an overkill? From what I know mp3 quality is so much lower and from what I've read, getting a high end headphone would only emphasize how terrible it sounds. So are there any headphones that are really meant for mp3s?