Sign in to follow this  
ting

Which earbud

you can try some audio technica EARBUDS.

iirc i saw them selling at tower records and best denki before. hung bros i'm sure have.

i'm sorry i cant advise you on any particular models because i have no experience with them. smile.gif

If you understand chinese. Someone's comparison of sony E888, aiwaV743 and panasonic HV600.

http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:k1fvE...tart=1&ie=UTF-8

basically, his conclusion is that he recommends E888 for instrumental and HV600 for pop. ting didn't buy them. What a waste. Couldn't find any comparison between HV600 and MX500.  sleep.gif

He recomended the V743 for pop, not HV600. He describe HV600 as wired, mid and high are smooth, but lack bass. The bass of 743 are shock man!! Wait for my impression this week end, I'm a bit busy these days. party.gif

oops blurified. haha whistling.gif

Hi there, here are my impression as promised.

Overall, I have to say that the 743 and 500 are at the same class, with their own characters here and there, the quality of the sound are there to distinguish themselves from the rest, like the $20++ philips I tried few weeks ago for exemple. The 500 are more on natural side while the 743 are more on exciting side with better dynamic.

Treble: 743 are more extended, if you think 500 too dark, you will consider 743 as just nice.

Mids: Same league, all of them have pleasant sound, with 743, females feels like younger due to it's bit brighter sound.

Bass: Extension are about the same, but the 743 sounds stronger, I think this is due to it's dual pipe design, but this design also add some mid bass hum which can make male voice thicker and affect the sound stage as mentioned later.

Soundstage: 500 wins here with more natural stage and image, 743 are as wide but not as deep and clear.

Details: 500 also wins here, 743 is ok but not as good as 500.

Some more remarks: If you think 500 are big to your ears, then forget about the 743, it's bigger, I can only fix it in at designed angle. The 743 is an old modle, so with several years of stock, it takes quite some time for me to make the cable back to straight.

So, for the $20 I paied, no complain, good buy! Now, my 500 can retire in peace liao kicking.gif

post-2-1064757709.jpg

Yeah that cool man ting laugh.gif ... enjoy your new ear bud w00t.gif the pic is great Too kicking.gif