icyspawn

headphones below $60?

wads the best headphones i can get below $60?

those that only got the wire... like earphones but the speaker part covers the ear tt kind... means the 2 "speakers" not connected by the plastic thing over the head...

haha

to be connected to my mp3 player... iriver ifp 180tc

answered yours in hwz wink.gif

ok basically koss is my recommendation. The ksc-50 and ksc-55 are good value for money

its the clip-on...

is the ksc-50 or the audio technica EM7 better?

read thru this forum and saw the EM7 selling for $71... quite close to my budget...

Edited by icyspawn

never heard the Audio technica, but from what I've gathered they don't have very punchy bass

I've owned the koss. You can ask for the opinion here.. infact recently there was a koss mass-order. I can't say for sure that koss is better because I've not heard the em7. But the koss is rated higher to the em7 by many!

If bass is your thing, don't look back. No other headphone in that price range give you that kinda solid bass wink.gif

icyspawn,

koss better ? I am not sure, you gotta listen to both to find out. I've not listened to em7 so I can't give you a definite answer.

But I would personally recommend the koss, and I know many here would.

audiotechnica clip-ons IIRC are overpriced.

on the other hand Koss is definitely underpriced or rather the best for sub $100 headphones.

ksc50 loses out to the ksc55 though

So you decide.

lekguan, I think ksc-50 and ksc-55 are exactly the same(so is the 35), just different design. They use the same driver. Taste does matter of course and I prefer the ksc-35 slightly to ksc-55 , whereas if I am not wrong.. naz said he preferred the ksc55 over the 35.

So your take wink.gif

I read on head-fi though that ksc55 has a tight fit. The ksc50 has a loose fit. If one were to push the ksc50 against your ear, it will sound exactly ksc55. However, due to the loose fit, audio quality is compromised. Mainly the bass IIRC.