Sign in to follow this  
Arcos

PX200 vs E2

i own a koss ksc 55 and previously a px200

looking for a new set of can, was considering about shure e2, but not sure how it sounds.

so if anyone that owns px200 and shure e2 can give some comment?

i prefer my music to sound slighly bassly, but not so strong that i can't hear the details.ksc 55 bass is a tad too strong for me, px200 seems abit weak in bass department, wat about e2?

IMO u should audition. Are you looking for isolation? If so, PX200 does not fit the bill. Yes its isolation is great for its cup size, but compared to even EX70 its not good. On the bus just say goodbye to your hearing, you will be blasting music still.

KSC55 bass could be due to its tight fit. i have no exp with e2. wait for reply...

Just happened to read this thread started by adhoc at headfi a moment ago.

Link.

Not as favourable as I would like (since I have been seriously contemplating buying the E2's), but it offers a perspective you might want to consider. Guess I gonna drop my plans for now...

hmmm, there seems to be quite a few comments are are conflicting, some say the e2 sounds good, while some says they sucks.

hmmm, is the bass weaker then px200?

regarding ksc-55, i suppose u are listening to PCDP?

if so, u may want to try disabling any "bass enhancements" and take a listen to it.

i did so with mine and it sound not too bad though i still like it very much with my cmoy amp

i gave up ksc 55 and px200 due to fit

ksc55 was giving headache when i wear them for over an hour, the part where the band is above my ear is pressing to hard to my skull

while px200 press too hard against the bone just beside my ear, better then ksc55 but still uncomfortable, can't wear them for long.

yes yes i know how u feel.

but for me, i can bear with the bit of pain for its sound quality.

it will "loosen" up after a while.

now i can wear them for a longer period of time

oops.... sorry for the OT. tongue.gif

hmm..i thought u already had 1 or 2 threads with "looking for headphone" sorta title??

hehe

just joking wink.gif

I somehow feel your search will complete if U can convince someone to sell U a pair of Sony D66SL Eggos. Post one at the classified, it's like a box of chocolates, U won't know what U're gonna get. wink.gif

Arcos,

I own a PX-200 and have listened to the E2C.

I find the PX-200 gives decent bass (once you get a good fit over the ears). Sound is more detailed all around with more treble extension compared to the E2C. I found the E2C dull and lifeless in comparison. E2C gives better isolation naturally and it that is what you are looking for, then the PX200 cannot compare. However, musically, the PX-200 wins hands down.

In fact, when I listened to the E2C, I also compared it to the E1C which I bought since it was more transparent and detail while offering same isolation. the E1C is of course more expensive and you should then caompare with the Etys

ddriveman, how would you describe the bass on the E1c campared with the PX200 or any other headphones that you might have?

Hi N@Z,

Bass on E1C is extended and clean. Weight/Impact however is not as much as PX200 (but PX200 is picky about placement on ears especially for bass). I would say that E1C has more clinical bass but not as natural as PX200 (once properly fitted over the ears). Compared to my B&O A8, the E1C has more detail and extension.

However, comparing the E1C to my Senn HD600 and AKG1000 is not fair. Both these headphones have better extension (especially HD600) with greater weight/impact. Also, both these headphones are more transparent allowing you to hear & almost feel the leading edges of plucked bass (eg) while also being more natural with larger soundstage. The E1C has a rather flat 2D soundstage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I was curious about it because although the Ety ER4S does not have the bass impact & weight of the HD600 it trades punches with the AKG K501 & is just as enjoyable to listen to. Just wondering whether the E1c also has that Ety magic.