Sign in to follow this  
Sipher

looking for the artiste of a song

Naz, your query is perhaps answered by this link http://www.petitiononline.com/monk123/petition.html

As below:

**************************************************************************************

To: USA Network

To the USA Network and producers of "Monk"-

This petition was made to inform you that a vast majority of fans of the hit TV series "Monk" are unhappy with the new and current theme song (by Randy Newman) that is being used in the opening and closing credits of "Monk" during its second season. We feel that the old and original theme song (by Jeff Beal) was much more entertaining and appropriate for the show and the main character, Adrian Monk. This petition will hopefully influence you to bring back the old theme song. Thank you to everyone who views this page and signs the petition for this simple but important cause for "Monk" fans everywhere.

P.S.- Many of us also believe that the original opening montage used during the old theme song is much better then the new montage of clips, and that if the original song were to be brought back, the original montage should also be brought back.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

***************************************************************************************

Impressive Mackie! Thanks.

I'll try to search for both songs later online. I'm interested in the Randy Newman version too as I'm a bit of a fan of his work too.

I think you've read my mind! I even have a CD of the Soundtrack unfortunately I can't find where my son has put it.

You've got a friend in me... His voice is unique, the song is pretty good too actually.

I also recall Randy's song having played in a cameo scene in Shrek.........I might be wrong though.

Edited by Mackie

Oh no, this is disturbingly turning into a Randy Newman spotting thread!