Sign in to follow this  
dgps

DIY Mini to RCA Interconnect

looks like noone is selling his prized mini to rca interconnect and i will have to go get one myself.....as usual any recommendation for the cable and rca + mini plugs?

thanks.........

I'm looking for mini-mini interconnect cable as well. Anyone can recommend a brand/model, and any local shop selling decent cables? Need to be flexible/portable, not bulky. Thanks!

ZuCables PIVOT is what I use and they work very well between my portable source to META42 and vice versa from my CDP to MINT amp. I suggest hunting them down from eBay where Adam (owner of ZuCable) himself lists them at a considerable discount, sometimes (if you're lucky) 50% cheaper than getting from ZuCable direct.

As for the mini to mini you are really spoilt for choice from a full blown commisioned cables right down to DIY jobbies, best of luck experimenting. But from my own experience regarding mini to mini, the stiffer they are the better it sounds, as I keep going back to the freebie JMT Silver Kimber cable with 90º Switchcraft plugs compared with my similar plugged Canare cable built by Tanget.

As anything that is HiFi YMMV! Regards

I'm looking for mini-mini interconnect cable as well. Anyone can recommend a brand/model, and any local shop selling decent cables? Need to be flexible/portable, not bulky. Thanks!

Fishball made a mini-mini interconnect of 0.5m in length for my audition. It's shielded and very flexible as the core conductor is thin. U might wanna audition it with your gears and if suitable, why not discuss with fishball on your intention to purchase it?

In the meantime, it's at my place. U can also bring your gears for audition. PM us.

FYI, fishball is based in Australia.

Edited by Mackie

hmmm...i need a longer one for my portable amp..

the one that i have now is too short.

any cable to recommend?

i dont need a very good one, just an average one will do since my portable rig is not top end.

If u guys can wait i'm coming back mid nov. Will bring the materials back and make some. Am too busy this semester to do much...

Mackie,

You ought to pick up the interconnects and audition them, some of them use the same design as that mini to mini you have at hand

Oh my goodness..........it slipped my mind again. Will sms your pal over coming days. So much to do, so little time. I'm currently busy with room treatment. tongue.gif