Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

New Toy!

CAVEMaN, did you have an opportunity to try out the DT150? Your thoughts would be highly appreciated as I found my findings slightly different from Mackie's: http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?act=...t=ST&f=2&t=1477

Hey all, just realised that the HFI 650 sounds much better when you swapped the side.. ie left channel to right ear and vice versa. It is kinda weird...

Maybe its the S logic, making vocals sound hollow when you wear them the correct side? If we could make the L-R R-L adapter, and it still sounds hollow if we swap side, then it must be the S logic. Or else, it should be the driver placement.

Oh pardon my ignorance lekguan. What's S logic? Is it something I should have learnt in school for I'm totally clueless? blush.gif Thanks matey.

Edited by Mackie

i think S-Logic is something found in Ultrasone cans if i'm not wrong

their site should have something about it

Yep sipher, its some kind of Ultrasone natural surround which needs no extra equipment is is built into their headphones. Something like DSP surround I think?

How do you like your's so far lek?

IMO, I still prefer the DT431. Perhaps I like open cans better, or maybe things might improve with an amp, but I found that that it has lost to DT431 in terms of separation. However I do not dare to conclude anything because IIRC I've only listened to it on 2 CDs so far. However, it does much better for rock as compared to DT431 albeit somewhat too bassy for me.

Edited by lekguan

The typical placement of the speakers, parallel to the ear drum, is now history, as ULTRASONE engineers have developed the S-Logicâ„¢ Natural Surround Sound System. With this system the speaker has been moved into a decentralised position and therefore produces a completely new audioacustic sound. Ultrasone offers this for each product type - resulting in a "never heard before" sound.

This means that the sound coming out of the headphones does not hit the auditory channel directly, but gets reflected by the surface of the ear. This "detour" is very important for the surround sound listening. You may ask yourself, why? The human being needs his individually different outer ear anatomy for the 3D listening. The sound first strikes the pinna and gets changed through the individual anatomy. This also works as a filter for different directions, which intensifies or weakens the frequency range. This frequency range will be processed by the human brain and then produces spatial listening.