FookLai

Looking for new headphone

Well done Fooklai, wise choice...

So what's next on your headphone list?

thanks.... I wont have next headphone list in near future. I am very satisfy with my Grado SR 60 for serious listening and Koss Porta Pro for portable usage. Talking back to the koss, it surprise me after let it running one whole day without listening to it. The boommy bass is tighter a lot, the high also smoother a lot, the great difference is the imaging. The sound become bigger and the imaging is full of body now, i never think that running in headphone also can have such improvement...... Btw, blackadder do you mod your Porta Pro, some said cutting a small hole will get better sound, dont know is true or not....

Fook Lai

Edited by FookLai

Btw, blackadder do you mod your Porta Pro, some said cutting a small hole will get better sound, dont know is true or not....

No, I dun modify my Porta Pro, but according to El Scorcho, it does sound batter if you would to cut a small hole on the pads.

After running 3 weeks, the boomy and harsh sound of porta pro has gone. I am very happy with it now, it is a very good headphone, recommend to you all. If you are looking a portable headphone for plenty of good bass, go for porta pro, you wont go wrong with it.....

Fook Lai

Edited by FookLai

yeah.. for beginners phone, these are the always recommended one:

porta pros, ksc35, ksc 50, ksc55, sporta pro

basically because all share the same driver, hence similar sound.

Hi Ting,

Have u tried the new PXC 250 ? am interested as it has the noise cancelling stuff, with adopter for listening in the planes, now that personal hygience takes high priority while travelling.

Could anyone comment on its sonic quality ? wink.gif

No, I did not tried the px250 because I don't need the function.

I did tried another noise cancelling phone from sennheiser, and I do have a kenwood foldable noise cancelling phone, it is a fun function to play with, but now I'm happy with px200.

Oh yes, is it the HDC 451.....how does it sound, would the LF range of the music being attenuated also ? Believe its freq range is about 20-18k Hz, whereas PXC250 claimed to do better at 10-21kHz. i want to have quality listening in the planes to counter-balance all the discomfort in travelling nowadays. wink.gif

I forgot the model No. It sounds - eh - OK, not so impressive, it block the noise a lot. The px250 is said to have lesser NC effect, but it looks more stylish. May be you want try my kenwood to get an idea what NC is doing? cool.gif

Thanks for your friendly offer, ting. I have just gotten a PXC250. It sounds pretty impressive although i think it takes sometime to break-in before its true form comes into play. Btw, the NC facility is good to use only if the surrounding is very noisy,otherwise, the noise cancelling effect, in a very quiet environment, will kind of give u a "vacuum silence" feeling during the quiet passage of the music. I find this effect not totally natural (compared with the silence in a concert hall). However, i believe i would appreciate it most if used on the planes where the low frequency noise from the engine would be well managed by the 250. But this experiment will take quite a while to realise since travelling has now been postponed till SARS is less prevailing in the region... happy.gif