FookLai

Looking for new headphone

I have px200 and like it, for me it's better than ksc35 in term of every thing except sound stage. Isolation is ok for MRT and outside use, maybe some people can't get used to something on their ears, for me it's ok. I'll never call the mid of the px200 be recessed, it's the mid that make this phone shine; therer is a mid bass hump, I think it's necessary for a small phone; What makes me surprised is the detail, compare to full size phone like K501, I don't fell I missed any detail, with mx500 and ksc35 I know there is detail missing.

I have px200 and like it, for me it's better than ksc35 in term of every thing except sound stage. Isolation is ok for MRT and outside use, maybe some people can't get used to something on their ears, for me it's ok. I'll never call the mid of the px200 be recessed, it's the mid that make this phone shine; therer is a mid bass hump, I think it's necessary for a small phone; What makes me surprised is the detail, compare to full size phone like K501, I don't fell I missed any detail, with mx500 and ksc35 I know there is detail missing.

Thanks for your comment...... Do you find PX200 comfortable to wear???

Fook Lai

Fook,

Just listened to RawHit of Head-Fi Ety 4P (over the weekend) and had listen to Ablazes 4S (some months agao) and have come to the conclusion that the Etys 4 (both) offer incredible sound - and it's very portable.

The Etys 4 P are easier to drive but do benefit from amplification. The 4 S is better but needs an amp.

My 2¡ñ

didn't know you met Rawhit over the weekend ohmy.gif anyway, Etys sound best of all the portable stuff and is definitely the most portable too. BUT, are you willing to pay that much biggrin.gif

hehehe... I would never wear ety out there.. you can not hear a single thing happening at the surrounding...

what if you cross a road or something then got car?

The best application for ety is for plane travel...imho..

for walking down the street... try and avoid it.

Please check this sticky thread found on the main forum for prices of headphones in Singapore:

http://www.cryophilia.com/sgheadphones/ind...act=ST&f=2&t=60

I dont find any Koss headphone price there.....

Fook Lai

My mistake.

Maybe you can put it right when you audition them.

Unfortunately... koss headphones are not welcomed to be auditioned. They will sell it to you without opening the box(hung bro's policy as far as I know).

But anyway, they are not that ex.. and you can still sell them if you don't like the sound.

FookLai,

I guess you are referring to Hung Brothers, SLS, 3 floor, first shop infront of the escalator. They do carry an extensive library for Koss phones.

Northern: r u in japan now?

Are you done with your headphone shopping? lol.gif

Hey fooklai, dun waste time, go for the Porta Pro, after a few hours of break-ins, it's will be good enough for the roads.

I read from somewhere else that Porta Pro and KSC 35/50/55 use the same driver.... I would like to know are all of them same quality/characteristic of sound? If yes, what is the advantage of choosing Porta Pro instead of KSC 35/50/55? sorry for many questions, I am going to town this weekend to buy the headphone.....

Fook Lai

Edited by FookLai

Porta pros is said to have slightly more bass due to their tight clamp... but then I doubt they are stylo looking... Overall both have almost the same sound.

ksc-35 is definately not stylo also.. but at least it looks better than its cousin and sounds good also.

Get the ksc-55 or ksc-50 and be happy biggrin.gif