Sign in to follow this  
Q00

Friday mini-meet?

laugh.giflaugh.gif lucky no big damage !!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

smile.gif

i found that my new amp in the black case was sounding one sided due to weak batt tongue.gif

put the LM6172 into a normal CMoy and it still works, all i needed was a rail-spilter, tried it on a board using resistors to divide the voltage and in osilates dry.gif

now i find the LM chip does not hav a bigger bass kick then the OPA but its more detail also has some hiss sound when used in a standard cmoy

jason the PPA with 1 loose op-amp still got sound?

so, was the lack in deep bass (it was like a deep bass suck out, totally) and the bright sound due to the loose op amp?

Ok im finally posting after 1 day of visiting relatives...

Impressions of the ppa : I was very impressed but i noticed a lot of clipping while listening and i accredit it to the lower power or weakened batteries so i didnt get a true picture of how the ppa would perform. Will have to wait for the Jan meet to get a proper audition. Build quality wise when jason opened up the casing, WOW... what a treat!. Silver everything, wires, solder, everything was done very nicely and looked very professionally done up. One thing to note was that this was a different ppa than that was shown earlier in a previous suntec mini meet. So guys, jason has 2 ppas at his place right now! As for now, im just glad that i got to listen to the very famous ppa with my cans and the very famous HD600's as well. Unfortunately, i felt like there was a veil on the sound like i was listening to it behind a cloth eventhough they were open cans. I was told that this is the signature sound of the cans. I remember being impressed at the accuracy of the sound but thats it since it was a short listen.

Impressions of the various amps by tropical : Man this guy is an amp building machine! I felt that 1 particular can had very good synergy with my 7506's. It helped to remove the harshness of my cans and also reduce the sibilance of my cans as well. It also gave the lower end of my cans a big kick and a huge difference in sound. It became less recessed and more involving and i was very very happy at the synergy. I was originally hoping that the ppa would kick ass but the real ppa didnt show up due to being underpowered and possibly weakend batts and as jason posted earlier, a loose op-amp. This was a very welcome surprise. I have difficulty remembering which amp is which in the mad rush to audition the many many amps.

There were alot of headphones and earbuds brought to the meet but i did not get to properly audition them because i was unfamiliar with the music or it was a very short listen to. I was also distracted to the imput that New_Type and Jasonhanjk kept giving hehe. A lot of information was shared and i am still digesting was said during the meet and at the dinner afterwards. Thanks guys, it was very informative and i can say that this has my appetite whet for the Jan meet. I can only imagine what i will learn and listen to then and anticipate it with wild abandon.

i think it was the CHA47 that u tried QOO smile.gif the one in the Hudson tin biggrin.gif

i tried it too with on your Sony can, the two does match very well, i would say even better then with my porta-pro

the other cans probably sounded better with the basic Cmoy, as Lekguan & Kenshinz pointed out during the meet

i think that sony is a very refined can, or its very well burned in , so that really made it work with the amp

i think the mini meet will be the only time my mini amps gets to kick the PPA lol.gif a sick PPA tongue.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

well no comments .... during the meet .... haiz ... i never try to try out the stuffs ... as i am very happy what i have and what i wanted in the future Q!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif