Sign in to follow this  
retrokinght

songs for burning in...

You can stop, but it might take forever if you do so. Example, a headphone which takes 100 hrs to burn in will do so in 4 days of continuous burn in, while listening to it for 2 hours a day or burning in for 2 hours a day will take 50 days.

Yes burn it in continously........

When your parents give you a hard time, tell them we told you so........

Have a nice burning in day (days cool.gif )

ps. the search functions is down with this forum is it?

Edited by matbon0013

yes but for ear buds maybe 2 to 3 hr of burning is enough !! laugh.giflaugh.gifhappy.gif

welcome.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.giflaugh.gif

My mp3s are always playing, so I just hooked my cans up, and adjusted the volume from barely audible, mildly audible, and audible, each for 24 hours. I heard it's good to burn in cans with the music you listen to, so it will be 'tuned' to your kind of music, which was essentially what I was doing.

hmm izzit

i use a tuner .. bcos it not going to make a lot of different ! laugh.gifhappy.gif

I gues burning in is just about playing across all frequencies to loosen up the driver or whatsoever across all frequencies.

My mp3s are always playing, so I just hooked my cans up, and adjusted the volume from barely audible, mildly audible, and audible, each for 24 hours. I heard it's good to burn in cans with the music you listen to, so it will be 'tuned' to your kind of music, which was essentially what I was doing.

Kekekeke...............no offence but whoever told U this must be pulling your leg. As much as U would like to treat your cans like a baby and feed "him/her" with a certain kinda music to incalcate a nature U prefer, it's wholly a myth unless U're talking about a real human baby.

Burn-in process is to smoothen electrons flow from one end of conductor to another (that's why most interconnects are claimed to be directional ie. input-output) and also to wear-in the the drivers akin to breaking-in your boots or running shoes for greater comfort and flexibility. In the context of cans, it's to condition the drivers to handle music optimally ie; better ebb and flow, voice coil movement throughout the specified frequency range. It's advised to ensure the drivers are able to handle all it's capable of and on this notion, a signal or burn-in track should optimally contain as wide an audio spectrum as possible.

In terms of safety and if U're the patient kind during a burn-in process, I recommend a volume a few notches below your average or tolerable listening level. The latter applies to some whom I know listen to their cans at very low volume relative to my threshold. YMMV nevertheless.

Edited by Mackie

Kekekeke...............no offence but whoever told U this must be pulling your leg. As much as U would like to treat your cans like a baby and feed "him/her" with a certain kinda music to incalcate a nature U prefer, it's wholly a myth unless U're talking about a real human baby.

Vulpix say one unsure.gif